Topics

D1 Pro Mini Wemos 16mb Wifi Esp8266 + Antena

Hi,

Is the WIFI firmware compatible with D1 Pro Mini Wemos 16mb Wifi Esp8266 + Antena ?

I am using the D1 mini for testing but I intend to use a metalic case so I need an external antenna.

Best
Andre

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Sun, Apr 4, 2021 at 07:29 PM, andre_moutinho wrote:

Is the WIFI firmware compatible with D1 Pro Mini Wemos 16mb Wifi Esp8266 + Antena ?

I am using the D1 mini for testing but I intend to use a metalic case so I need an external antenna.
The WiFi firmware runs on any ESP8266 module.

In theory, the D1 Mini Pro should work.

But in reality, users have reported issues with these modules in several recent threads.
It seems that the quality of that module is variable.

OK Khalid,

Thanks, I will try it.

Best
Andre

larry leonard

I have a wemos d1 mini pro with antenna and the only issue I ran into was during flashing. If you set the board type to the pro version it flashes fine but it never tries to connect to Onstep. Set the board type to d1 r2 and mini as per the wiki and all works fine. Just an FYI I you run into the issue.

George Cushing

The only difference I can find in the so called E3 is that the flash has been upgraded to 16Mb. There is probably a scarcity of 4Mb flash due to an overall lack of demand for it. If you go looking for 1-2Gb SD flash these days you pay a premium.

There are still a few problems with D1 mini Pros due to incorrect capacity voltage regulators cropping up. I stay away from vendors with a small inventory as I feel they don't sell at a volume that would clear out their bad inventory. A vendor with a 50-90K inventory also has the leverage to have the assembler take back bad products.

I have 100 good voltage regulators, if anyone wants to try their hand at replacing a bad one.