Topics

Default limits

Jamie Flinn

Hi All…

I am setting up  a workaround for the PARK/UNPARK crash in Kstars/EKOS and trying to find a suitable and reliable LIMIT I can set that say, stops tracking or even better auto parks  (since I CAN kill Kstars/EKOS via end of schedule process that is still working)

Normally I would just unpark at start of schedule and park at the end then power off in the morning…..

Overhead limit I have set to 90 so that EKOS meridian flip can happen – so is there a horizon limit that will trigger a stop in tracking (at all times! – trying to avoind crashing the scope inot the ground)

Thanks in advance

There are horizon and also Axis1 min/max limits in OnStep.

They stop tracking and prevent gotos.

Jamie Flinn

Thanks – will play with those and see what happens (GULP!)

On 2020-07-29 12:04 p.m., Howard Dutton wrote:
There are horizon and also Axis1 min/max limits in OnStep.

They stop tracking and prevent gotos.

Howard Dutton

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 06:12 PM, Jamie Flinn wrote:
The Horizon Limit did the trick - I like that "no tracking and no way to park" - this will freeze the scope right where I want it at 4am when I am fast asleep :-)...solid code!
The mount is outside of limits so any goto (which a park uses) is immediately canceled.

Be sure that Axis1 max limit is right too, if you leave the mount/scope in the circumpolar region (depending on your Latitude) it may never hit the horizon limit.

Jamie Flinn

Thanks – will do

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 06:12 PM, Jamie Flinn wrote:

The Horizon Limit did the trick - I like that "no tracking and no way to park" - this will freeze the scope right where I want it at 4am when I am fast asleep :-)...solid code!

The mount is outside of limits so any goto (which a park uses) is immediately canceled.

Be sure that Axis1 max limit is right too, if you leave the mount/scope in the circumpolar region (depending on your Latitude) it may never hit the horizon limit.

Ivan Berton

Howard,

my observatory has a mobile roof and to be able to close it I have to park the German mount horizontally in relation to the ground and the telescope just below the horizon.
How can I do to maybe move the limit a few degrees and be able to park the mount?

i have no mode to change this park position.

Il giorno 30 lug 2020, alle ore 10:13, Howard Dutton <hjd1964@...> ha scritto:

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 06:12 PM, Jamie Flinn wrote:
The Horizon Limit did the trick - I like that "no tracking and no way to park" - this will freeze the scope right where I want it at 4am when I am fast asleep :-)...solid code!
The mount is outside of limits so any goto (which a park uses) is immediately canceled.

Be sure that Axis1 max limit is right too, if you leave the mount/scope in the circumpolar region (depending on your Latitude) it may never hit the horizon limit.

Howard Dutton

Change the Horizon limit.  It's on the website, in the ASCOM driver. in my Android App, in the SHC.

Per the Wiki:
Run-time Configuration