Topics

Default limits

Jamie Flinn

Hi All…

I am setting up  a workaround for the PARK/UNPARK crash in Kstars/EKOS and trying to find a suitable and reliable LIMIT I can set that say, stops tracking or even better auto parks  (since I CAN kill Kstars/EKOS via end of schedule process that is still working)

Normally I would just unpark at start of schedule and park at the end then power off in the morning…..

Overhead limit I have set to 90 so that EKOS meridian flip can happen – so is there a horizon limit that will trigger a stop in tracking (at all times! – trying to avoind crashing the scope inot the ground)

Thanks in advance

J

Howard Dutton

There are horizon and also Axis1 min/max limits in OnStep.

They stop tracking and prevent gotos.

Jamie Flinn

Thanks – will play with those and see what happens (GULP!)

Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 12:05 PM
To: main@onstep.groups.io
Subject: Re: [onstep] Default limits

Howard Dutton

You can see what Axis1 min/max limits look like here (ignore the Tangent Arm Dec limits they don't apply here.)

https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/message/23434

Jamie Flinn

That is very cool especially if you don’t think in a sphere – visual of where the limit is is handy!!!...thanks

Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 1:00 PM

You can see what Axis1 min/max limits look like here (ignore the Tangent Arm Dec limits they don't apply here.)

https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/message/23434

Jamie Flinn

Hi Howard...

The Horizon Limit did the trick - I like that "no tracking and no way to park" - this will freeze the scope right where I want it at 4am when I am fast asleep :-)...solid code!

J

On 2020-07-29 12:04 p.m., Howard Dutton wrote:

Howard Dutton

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 06:12 PM, Jamie Flinn wrote:
The Horizon Limit did the trick - I like that "no tracking and no way to park" - this will freeze the scope right where I want it at 4am when I am fast asleep :-)...solid code!
The mount is outside of limits so any goto (which a park uses) is immediately canceled.

Be sure that Axis1 max limit is right too, if you leave the mount/scope in the circumpolar region (depending on your Latitude) it may never hit the horizon limit.

Jamie Flinn

Thanks – will do

Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 4:14 AM

The mount is outside of limits so any goto (which a park uses) is immediately canceled.

Be sure that Axis1 max limit is right too, if you leave the mount/scope in the circumpolar region (depending on your Latitude) it may never hit the horizon limit.

Ivan Berton

Howard,

my observatory has a mobile roof and to be able to close it I have to park the German mount horizontally in relation to the ground and the telescope just below the horizon.
How can I do to maybe move the limit a few degrees and be able to park the mount?

i have no mode to change this park position.

Il giorno 30 lug 2020, alle ore 10:13, Howard Dutton <hjd1964@...> ha scritto:

Howard Dutton

Change the Horizon limit.  It's on the website, in the ASCOM driver. in my Android App, in the SHC.

Per the Wiki:
Run-time Configuration