Dobson

marorte otero

Good afternoon, I have finished dropping my eq5 mount with the Wemos and the results are truly amazing, thank you very much everyone.
Another query I have a 10-inch dobsom, I have it motorized with nema 17 motors with a 27.1 planetary gearbox and 15-tooth pulley, 238-tooth pulleys and azimuth 361.28 HTD3, my question is how to calculate these reductions to apply it to Onstep. All the best

The calculation uses the same principle as for your EQ5 drive, but I am not sure I understand the mechanics.

If you are using the config spreadsheet, you would input:
Stepper motors steps (usually 200 or 400)
Driver Microsteps:  8, 16, 32, 64
GR1: 27.1 - your planetary gearbox on your motor
GR2:  This is where I think we need more information.  You have a 15 tooth pulley on your motor.   Is the 238 tooth a pulley or is it the number of teeth on the belt attached to your azimuth or altitude bearings?  If your 15 tooth pulley mates to a 238 tooth belt, then GR2 would be 238/15 = 15.867.

A picture may help.

marorte otero

Hello Otón, the large pulleys are made of wood and I hit a strap around its circumference. I send you some images so you can see it. All the best

marorte otero

Super, very helpful.

Then yes, the calculation is just how I explained it above.

GR1 = 27.1
GR2 = 15.867

Since this looks to be your altitude bearing:

AXIS2_STEPS_PER_DEGREE = Motor steps x Driver Microsteps x 27.1 x 15.867 / 360
You need to know your motor steps and define how many microsteps you want to use on the driver, just like you did for your EQ5.

I am not sure about your Azimuth (AXIS1) bearing pulley or teeth, but it works the same way as above.

marorte otero

Otto the transmission of the telescope goes by belt both height and azimuth in height the motor has a pulley of 15 teeth and it drags the had with a pulley of 238 teeth through the belt and in azimuth the motor has a pulley of 15 teeth and drags a 360 tooth pulley through belt. Greetings and excuse me, the English is that I translate it with google.

marorte otero

Hi, why does this happen to me in the Arduino IDE? Arduino: 1.8.16 (Windows Store 1.8.51.0) (Windows 10), Board: "DOIT ESP32 DEVKIT V1, 80MHz, 921600, None"

In file included from C: \ Users \ estru \ Desktop \ OnStep \ OnStep.ino: 100: 0:

Globals.h: 95: 166: error: too many initializers for 'volatile axisSettings {aka volatile AxisSettings}'

 volatile axisSettings axis1Settings = {AXIS1_STEPS_PER_DEGREE, AXIS1_DRIVER_MICROSTEPS, AXIS1_DRIVER_IRUN, AXIS1_DRIVER_REVERSE, AXIS1_LIMIT_MIN, AXIS1_LIMIT_MAX};

                                                                                                                                                                      ^

Globals.h: 96: 166: error: too many initializers for 'volatile axisSettings {aka volatile AxisSettings}'

 volatile axisSettings axis2Settings = {AXIS2_STEPS_PER_DEGREE, AXIS2_DRIVER_MICROSTEPS, AXIS2_DRIVER_IRUN, AXIS2_DRIVER_REVERSE, AXIS2_LIMIT_MIN, AXIS2_LIMIT_MAX};

                                                                                                                                                                      ^

exit status 1

too many initializers for 'volatile axisSettings {aka volatile AxisSettings}'

This report could contain more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
I do the calculations of the pulleys well,The pulleys are, 15 teeth, those of nema 17 engines with 27.1 reducer, the AZIMUT pulley 358 teeth and the HEIGHT pulley 236 teeth

Creo que usted habla castellano?  Yo también.  Mi vocabulario técnico no es muy avanzado porque no es mi primer idioma.

Lo tiene bién en la planilla si de hecho las poleas tienen 236 y 358 dientes.

marorte otero

Si soy español de Huelva, Andalucía. Has leído el mensaje de arriba que me da error el IDE de arduino? No se porque. Un saludo

barsuk.neo@...

Have you tried choosing in the board manager: ESP32 Dev Module?

marorte otero

Hello I tried with ESP32 Dev Module and it does the same, I don't know what to do anymore. All the best

marorte otero

Hello, I get this message again in the arduino IDE, I don't know what to do now, I need help.
Arduino:1.8.16 (Windows Store 1.8.51.0) (Windows 10), Tarjeta:"ESP32 Dev Module, Disabled, Default 4MB with spiffs (1.2MB APP/1.5MB SPIFFS), 240MHz (WiFi/BT), QIO, 80MHz, 4MB (32Mb), 921600, None" In file included from C:\Users\estru\Desktop\OnStep\OnStep.ino:100:0: Globals.h:95:166: error: too many initializers for 'volatile axisSettings {aka volatile AxisSettings}' volatile axisSettings axis1Settings = {AXIS1_STEPS_PER_DEGREE, AXIS1_DRIVER_MICROSTEPS, AXIS1_DRIVER_IRUN, AXIS1_DRIVER_REVERSE, AXIS1_LIMIT_MIN, AXIS1_LIMIT_MAX}; ^ Globals.h:96:166: error: too many initializers for 'volatile axisSettings {aka volatile AxisSettings}' volatile axisSettings axis2Settings = {AXIS2_STEPS_PER_DEGREE, AXIS2_DRIVER_MICROSTEPS, AXIS2_DRIVER_IRUN, AXIS2_DRIVER_REVERSE, AXIS2_LIMIT_MIN, AXIS2_LIMIT_MAX}; ^ exit status 1 too many initializers for 'volatile axisSettings {aka volatile AxisSettings}' Este informe podría contener más información con "Mostrar salida detallada durante la compilación" opción habilitada en Archivo -> Preferencias.

Dave Schwartz

I suspect that you are using a comma (',') instead of a period ('.') as the decimal separator in a floating-point number specification and this is causing the compiler to treat something like 1234.56 as two separate numbers so it thinks there are 7 numbers there instead of the 6 it has been told should be in that structure.

On 2021-10-17 7:20 a.m., estructurasmarorte@gmail.com wrote:
[...]

De hecho, se trataba de la coma. Muchas gracias Dave Schwartz, otra cosa, te mando una foto donde he puesto el PINMAP el nombre del controlador y la compilación ha salido bien. Todo lo mejor

Dave Schwartz

That PINMAP setting is mangled. There should be just nothing between the "CNC3" and the comment beginning with the "//" but the validation seems to have figured it out anyway. There are other parameters where you would not be so lucky.

Khalid Baheyeldin

Save yourself some time and effort, and just use the Online Configuration Generator.
It will create a working Config.h file for you.

marorte otero

Hello, Khalid I compiled it and it was perfect, it was the commas, now I connect it but the esp8266 wifi mini module does not stop flashing and does not connect. All the best

Khalid Baheyeldin

Did you change anything in the Config.h file for the WiFi?
Did you check the board page on the Wiki to see which pins connect where (specifically
TX and RX on the Wemos, go to which pins on the microcontroller)

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 03:28 PM, <estructurasmarorte@...> wrote:
Hello, Khalid I compiled it and it was perfect, it was the commas, now I connect it but the esp8266 wifi mini module does not stop flashing and does not connect. All the best
Estructurasmarorte - I responded to you on a separate message thread regarding this. It might be better if you started a new message so that others can follow your questions and progress.

marorte otero

Español
Inglés

Hello, I have not modified anything in the file, only the AXIS1 AND 2_STEPS_PER_DEGRE here I have put the results of the Spreadsheet with respect to the engines
AXIS1 and 2_ DRIVER_MODEL LV8729
AXIS1 AND 2_DRIVER_MICROSTEPS 32
And the wifi file I have not modified either, in fact I have two controllers built the same, the one to build for the eq5 is perfect and this new one is done with the same procedure. What seems strange to me is that I connect it to the pc by usb and I try to connect it to the WiFi and it connects perfectly to the mobile phone even to the WiFi of the pc, now I connect it to the power supply and the WiFi module does not stop flashing and does not no connection is recorded. All the best