Dobson goto with Onstep

lrosellpardo@...

Hello, I've converted my 8" Dob with Onstep. yesterday I did some test, I did 3 star align (not perfect) but I managed to get a star at 150x during 20 min in FoV.

I have big backlash in az axis about 30arc/min.

Can i get better results or it's normal acuraccy?

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 06:15 AM, <lrosellpardo@...> wrote:
I have big backlash in az axis about 30arc/min.

Can i get better results or it's normal acuraccy?
Not sure if your question is about the length the object is in the field
of view, or the backlash.

You can easily tune the backlash using the daylight method described
on this page on the Wiki.

lrosellpardo@...

After tuning backlash and leveling base seems now it's tracking fine.

These planetary gears from OMC have a terrible backlash but enough for visual.

Thanks Khalid

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 03:25 AM, <lrosellpardo@...> wrote:
After tuning backlash and leveling base seems now it's tracking fine.

These planetary gears from OMC have a terrible backlash but enough for visual.

Thanks Khalid
OnStep provides for up to 1 degree of backlash (3600 arc seconds).

Good to hear that this is all it is ...