Topics

Encoder tracking correction on Dobson

guillaume d

Hi,
Currently, encoder tracking correction is only possible for equatorial mounts.

is it possible to implement it for alt/azm mounts (Dobson)?

Thanks.
Guillaume

Howard Dutton

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 11:03 PM, guillaume d wrote:
Currently, encoder tracking correction is only possible for equatorial mounts.
Experimental there, not really known to work also.

is it possible to implement it for alt/azm mounts (Dobson)?
Perhaps one day I'll come back around to this and take a long hard look at it.  Not today though.

guillaume d

Hi Howard,
Thank you for your answer. I will wait a bit while hoping to see this implementation. However, thank you very much for all your work.

Guillaume