Topics

ESP32+CNC power confusion

Rana Khan

Dear ESP32+CNC Users,

I started new project with ESP32 + CVC v3 and
have already uploaded firmware to Wemos D1 R32.

but in https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/topic/77401791#26375,
dtanon@.. used common power distributed in Wemos and CNC.
But  WeMos R32 is 3.3V device and Shield needs 12 V.
So I cant understand the nature of distribution of Voltage
according to images.

When the firmware was uploaded,
5V was used thru' USB port to the board.
After that I wanted to check the board by a 3.3 V input thru'
the input jack of the board, LCD didn't glow.
USB connection from Laptop makes it glow.

does Wemos need 5 V to work or direct 12 V of motor connection?

Kindly clear my confusion,
Thanks,
Rana.

Lloyd Simons

Rana,

You can power the wemos with either 5V through the USB or 12v via the barrel jack (center positive). You always need 12V connected to the shield for the motor drivers.

Lloyd

Rana Khan

Thanks Simons,
Rana