- Uwe

Dave Schwartz

On the F303CC, the PC13 (user) LED resistor is R1.  See upper right corner of the schematic...

On 2020-11-19 3:34 a.m., Uwe Glässner wrote:
Dear all,
i have received the bluepill replacement board F303CC yesterday and just took a closer look: I cannot find a resistor labelled R5 on the underside of the board so I was wondering how I can enable an external tracking LED with this board. Is the removal of a resistor still necessary with this board?
Thanks for any hints you can provide.
Cheers
- Uwe

Uwe Glässner

Thanks Dave,
is there an obvious way to identify the position of R1 on the board itself? I cannot see the connections on the PCB and there also seem to be no other labels on the PCB.
Cheers
- Uwe

Dave Schwartz

I would use an ohmmeter on the PC13 pin and poke around on the end of the chip resistors until you find the one where you get a zero reading.

On 2020-11-19 11:47 a.m., Uwe Glässner wrote:
Thanks Dave,
is there an obvious way to identify the position of R1 on the board itself? I cannot see the connections on the PCB and there also seem to be no other labels on the PCB.
Cheers
- Uwe

Uwe Glässner

That makes perfect sense. Thanks again Dave!