Feature Request: PEC Control

Peter Boreland

Presently PEC is controlled via the hand controller, SW, and I would assume your planetary software, Howard.

Would it be possible to control PEC via the ASCOM interface or the Onstep Setup Driver?

I'm thinking here in terms of remote operation.

Peter

Howard Dutton

On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 12:26 PM, Peter Boreland wrote:
Would it be possible to control PEC via the ASCOM interface or the Onstep Setup Driver?

I'm thinking here in terms of remote operation.
The Smart Web Server covers this case and more.

Peter Boreland

Is there a way to connect to the SWS via USB connection?

Howard Dutton

No.

Peter Boreland

Is it possible to record 30 time interval, or is it a one time thing that I have to start over and over to average out a curve?

Howard Dutton

On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 03:40 PM, Peter Boreland wrote:
Is it possible to record 30 time interval, or is it a one time thing that I have to start over and over to average out a curve?
One at a time.

Peter Boreland

I connected to the SWs using wifi. Not sure why I did not do this before?  So now the imaging computer is connected to the SWS, which I remote. But the web browser (chrome) speed is incredible Slow. Not the case if I connect via a tablet for instance. I'm not a network bufF. Why would this be? It takes around 30 sec to load a page, and several minutes to make the browser connection.

Howard Dutton

On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 04:15 PM, Peter Boreland wrote:
Why would this be?
I don't really do networking support.

Peter Boreland

I think the problem is low signal strength. My beelink does not have an antenna connection and I've no spare USB ports for a plugin one.

Mike Ahner

On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 06:45 PM, Peter Boreland wrote:
I've no spare USB ports for a plugin one.

Hi Peter, I use a USB powered hub at the telescope, plug in all my USB items, including OnStep & a USB Wifi adapter (now only inches/cm from OnStep), and use a 15 ft USB cable attached to a 25ft USB extender cable to setup where it's warmer or has fewer mosquitoes, depending on the season. Last year, I passed the cable thru my car window and sat inside, starting the car occasionally to keep warm.

Use a powered hub at the telescope mount connecting to your laptop, the remote into the laptop.

I use this model, which is powered by 5v, so I use a 12v->5v-3 amp regulator between my 12volt battery and the USB hub. That way, everything runs. off the same power circuit. I've always had good results with USB-Gear, but any powered USB hub will work.

https://www.usbgear.com/USBG-BREC304.html

-Mike

Peter Boreland

Hi Mike! I do use a powered Hub. Not sure how you get away with so few connections? Very frugal! I bring in the camera USB 3.0 cables directly into the Beelink, one goes to the powered USB hub, and the other (4th) has a 128GB memory dongle plugged into it.   I do have seperate doggles for mouse and keyboard in the hub, so could free up a slot for external WIFI adapter.  I'm confident with a WIFI antenna would fix the SWS speed issue, and make the connection more reliable.

And yes, those are water droplets! Rotated the image in my phone and now it gone all fuzzy.