Topics

Find Home button move the DEC motor only CCW

jean-francois.harvey@...

Hello,

I just wired the Home switches of my CGE today, and now I can use the "Find Home" button.  It seems to work great but I noticed the DEC motor only rotate CCW during the Find Home process. (it works fine during normal operation)

Let say I'm in front of the dovetail....
if the DEC dovetail is at left position...then it will not move at all during the "find Home" process.
if the DEC dovetail is at right position, then it will first move fast CCW until it hits (and overtake a bit) the home switch....then it should move slowly CW until it reach the home switch again....but it does not move at all.

The RA is working fine, both directions (CW and CCW)

I know this is not a mandatory option, but I find this is a nice feature to have.

Any idea?

Jeff

Howard Dutton

Just did a quick test of the latest master branch and it worked properly.

jean-francois.harvey@...

Ok, thanks

I will double check the DEC limit switch...

jean-francois.harvey@...

Hello Howard,

Could you just confirm...

Do I need to put pullup resistors (2.2K) on each of these home switch inputs?  Or it is ok to just close them to the ground?

Regards
Jeff

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 04:41 PM, <jean-francois.harvey@...> wrote:
Do I need to put pullup resistors (2.2K) on each of these home switch inputs?  Or it is ok to just close them to the ground?
There are two states either way HIGH on one side of home and LOW on the other (for each axis) so it really doesn't matter [how you achieve that]; but I use pullups... just the ESP32's built-in ones:

#define HOME_SENSE              ON_PULLUP //    OFF, ON*. Automatically detect and use home switches. For GEM mode only.      Option
#define HOME_SENSE_STATE_AXIS1       HIGH //   HIGH, State when clockwise of home position, as seen from front. Rev. w/LOW.   Adjust
#define HOME_SENSE_STATE_AXIS2        LOW //   HIGH, State when clockwise of home position, as seen from above. Rev. w/LOW.   Adjust
                                          //         Signal state reverses when travel moves ccw past the home position.

jean-francois.harvey@...

Hello Howard

It was a bad ground on my DEC cable.  Made a new cable and it works fine now.

Thanks
Jeff