Flashing ESP8266 D1 Mini AT command firmware

Ash

Does anyone have experence reflashing flashing ESP8266 D1 Mini AT command firmware?
While endevering to fault find a WiFi problem I accidently erased my WeMOS boot firmware. (bricked it)
I have downloaded the ESP flashtool to re-flash it but its a bit unclear what options/files I should flash to restore D1 Mini to its original working state.
They seem to have a single file option and a set of files option I have tried single but I don't seem to be getting expected results and the multi file option I don't get file names that match the IO addess locations they recommend to flash to.
When I try to test AT commands I don't get any response. (I think I'm on the right track?)

Ken Hunter

They are too cheap to bother with all that...
Just start over with a new one.

Ash

Ok, I have sorted out the utilities software and proceedures required to successfully flash the bootloader for the WeMos and have done so, with a WiFi running but of course this won't to connect to OnStep because I need a compatible set of files to match the original bootloader.

Does anyone know what file/files set the original WeMos used?

Ash

Would someone be kind enough to send the AT command, AT+GMR to their WiMos D1 Mini and kindly post the results back here?

thank you

Ash

UPDATE:
OK my WiFi is working again, connects to all devices but only one works (one at a time in case you assume I mite be trying all at same time). ;)
So I'm back to where I was before original first post.

I can only use my 5.1 android phone with OnStep 4.24r.3, but at least I know everythings functioning.
My older android 4.2.2 phone running OnStep does not connect, always shows no connection in OnStep, the SWS on this phone does the same as the iPads.
The two iPads connect to wifi and the SWS connects, all the tabs work by responding and changing on the display but none of the options in the tabs respond.
I've tried another browser on them same issue.

@Howard
Do we have access to the SWS version 2.x ? (All SWS links I've seen seem to point to 1.0 only)

cheers,

Ash

Sorry Howard,
I missed seeing your link to SWS 2 in a previous message but found it now.
I have loaded it up does the same no go on the android 4.2 & the ipads.

One thing I have noticed since its working again, is the STM32 tracking light come on much sooner than the WeMos.
When the WeMos was not working its light was always on just before the tracking light maybe thats why it had connection issue??

thanks for your continued efforts,
I see the Chinese like it that much they market a product based on it now.
I guess it's a great compliment if they couldn't do it themselves ;>)

PS next I'll pinch my daughters iPad (much later than mine) and confirm its a compatabilty issue.
Stop the presses! I tried hers an its works fine, its same as your test one IOS 15.5

TaviB

Hello,

My onStep is a maxESP with ESP32 and Wemos D1 mini, working fine at first. I've replaced sometime ago the Wemos with a new one because i gave the old one to a friend that has trouble to use his. Not used very much since.

I had an communication issue last week between the new Android 12 Samsung A52s phone, the onStep app was very slow and after few hours it cannot connect anymore. On the field I was thinking the culprit can the new phone. At home, the old phone (Android 9 on a Huawei P20 Lite) the app did not connect. Trying to flashing again, still not working, the LED is constant blue, the SSID is available and the phone was connected on WiFi but the app did not. So I replace it with a new one and now is working fine. Flashed the Wemos twice to be sure the firmware was successfully recorded. Hope it will work more time than the first.

The phone and the application have no issue.

Clear sky
Tavi B.