Fysetc E4 without Goto functions

Serge CLAUS

I would like to buy a Fysetc E4 board just for dew-heaters, focusers and intervalometer.
Is it possible to use OnStepX in this case? (no goto)

Serge CLAUS

Edited

Edit:
It's not a good idea.
I can't use OneWire with the Fysetc E4 :-(
It's not possible to use SERIAL_TMC_RX for OnWire ?

Serge CLAUS

Edited

Last question:
The TinyBee (https://github.com/makerbase-mks/MKS-TinyBee) can work with OnStepX ?

George Cushing

Sure if you can work out the pinmap! It has 150 GPIO pins.

Serge CLAUS

I have found a little card: MKS DLC32 (https://github.com/makerbase-mks/MKS-DLC32)
I will use it for the focuser and the dewheater (mounted on the telescope to limit the number of cables) with OnStepX without goto.
And an ESP32/CNC3 card for OnStepX (for goto and SWS).
I currently have a Fysetc S6 (a lot of problems with the COM port).
On the other hand, I will have to compile a variant of indi-onstep which does not use the goto).

This card could also be used for a small complete OnStep setup with the choice of stepper drivers (I use S42b servos).
I ordered this card. More than to wait and test...

Alain Zwingelstein

Klaus,

Using indi_lx200_OnStep as a base is not a good idea in my opinion even is at a first glance it could be.

Better to create a new Focuser Driver starting for example from the moonlite driver (it exposes T° and so).

If using OnStep as a base it might conflict with the Focuser exposed by the Telescope driver.

Anyhow, I am impatient to see your work in progress.

On 07/12/2022 17:04, Serge CLAUS wrote:

I have found a little card: MKS DLC32 (https://github.com/makerbase-mks/MKS-DLC32)
I will use it for the focuser and the dewheater (mounted on the telescope to limit the number of cables) with OnStepX without goto.
And an ESP32/CNC3 card for OnStepX (for goto and SWS).
I currently have a Fysetc S6 (a lot of problems with the COM port).
On the other hand, I will have to compile a variant of indi-onstep which does not use the goto).

This card could also be used for a small complete OnStep setup with the choice of stepper drivers (I use S42b servos).
I ordered this card. More than to wait and test...

Howard Dutton

On Sat, Dec 3, 2022 at 05:28 AM, Serge CLAUS wrote:
The TinyBee (https://github.com/makerbase-mks/MKS-TinyBee) can work with OnStepX ?
This board has possibly not supported serial shift register devices to serve as output only pins.  It can't mode switch StepSticks.  Its inflexible and not a good target of OnStepX.