FYSETC S6 Focuser dosnt move #fysetc #S6

jbastian.casas@...

Hi guys,

A few months ago i was able to build an onstep system thanks to your help, thanks again you are awesome

Now im trying to add a focuser with a TMC2130 and a 1.8° (200 steps) nema 11 motor 0.67A , the motor moves when i connect it instead of the nema 17 motors in de dec and ra, but when i connect the driver to the 4 slot (rigth to left) of the S6 (E0-Mot), and the motor cables to the 5 slot (rigth to left) it doesnt move, not even sounds or tries to slew... do i have something wrong in the config? Or maybe im plugging this in the wrong place?

this is what i have in the config file:

// AXIS4 FOCUSER 1
// see https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/wiki/6-Configuration#AXIS4
#define FOCUSER1                      ON //    OFF, ON to enable this focuser.                                               Option
#define AXIS4_STEPS_PER_MICRON        0.5 //    0.5, n. Steps per micrometer. Figure this out by testing or other means.      Adjust
#define AXIS4_SLEW_RATE_DESIRED       500 //    500, n, Where n=200..5000 (um/s.) Max microns/second. In DC mode, max pwr %   Adjust

#define AXIS4_DRIVER_MODEL            TMC2130 //    OFF, TMC2130, TMC5160. Leave OFF for all drivers models except these.         Option
#define AXIS4_DRIVER_MICROSTEPS       64 //    OFF, n. Microstep mode when tracking.                   For TMC2130, TMC5160. Option
#define AXIS4_DRIVER_IHOLD            OFF //    OFF, n, (mA.) Current standstill. OFF uses IRUN/2.0.                  "       Option
#define AXIS4_DRIVER_IRUN             500 //    OFF, n, (mA.) Current tracking, appropriate for stepper/driver/etc.   "       Option
#define AXIS4_DRIVER_POWER_DOWN       OFF //    OFF, ON Powers off the motor at stand-still.                                  Option
#define AXIS4_DRIVER_REVERSE          OFF //    OFF, ON Reverses movement direction, or reverse wiring instead to correct.    Option
#define AXIS4_DRIVER_DC_MODE          OFF //    OFF, DRV8825 for pwm dc motor control on stepper driver outputs.              Option

#define AXIS4_LIMIT_MIN_RATE           50 //     50, n. Where n=1..1000 (um/s.) Minimum microns/second. In DC mode, min pwr.  Adjust
#define AXIS4_LIMIT_MIN                 0 //      0, n. Where n=0..500 (millimeters.) Minimum allowed position.               Adjust
#define AXIS4_LIMIT_MAX                50 //     50, n. Where n=0..500 (millimeters.) Maximum allowed position.               Adjust

jbastian.casas@...

Maybe a pic will help, this is the place where im plugging the tmc2130 and the motor cables

exebece@...

Hi

maybe even if you have cables right motor will not move until you have right values in config. In my case (quite similar to yours) I needed to play more with AXIS4_STEPS_PER_MICRON, AXIS4_SLEW_RATE_DESIRED and AXIS4_LIMIT_MIN_RATE vs AXIS4_LIMIT_MAX. Your motor may be moving but the movement maybe too small to notice. So it is good practise for me to try various big values to see the movement and then precise it to be satisfied.

I also notices that when I use TMC5160 for X and Y TMC2130 for focuser is behaving strange. So now I'm using 3x TMC5160 on FYSETC S6 and it works fine. But it is overkill to use TMC5160 for focuser so I'm going to dig into it later on.

Regards
R

Dave Schwartz

Those are the right connectors you have identified.

I use an LV8729 with as near as makes no difference to the other parameters and it works well.

Is the driver being enabled (the manual turning effort is quite a bit higher when the system is powered on)? What are you using to command the movement?

On 2021-07-17 11:27 p.m., jbastian.casas@gmail.com wrote:
Hi guys,

A few months ago i was able to build an onstep system thanks to your help, thanks again you are awesome

Now im trying to add a focuser with a TMC2130 and a 1.8° (200 steps) nema 11 motor 0.67A , the motor moves when i connect it instead of the nema 17 motors in de dec and ra, but when i connect the driver to the 4 slot (rigth to left) of the S6 (E0-Mot), and the motor cables to the 5 slot (rigth to left) it doesnt move, not even sounds or tries to slew... do i have something wrong in the config? Or maybe im plugging this in the wrong place?

this is what i have in the config file:

// AXIS4 FOCUSER 1
// see https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/wiki/6-Configuration#AXIS4
#define FOCUSER1                      ON //    OFF, ON to enable this focuser.    Option
#define AXIS4_STEPS_PER_MICRON        0.5 //    0.5, n. Steps per micrometer. Figure this out by testing or other means. Adjust
#define AXIS4_SLEW_RATE_DESIRED       500 //    500, n, Where n=200..5000 (um/s.) Max microns/second. In DC mode, max pwr %  Adjust
#define AXIS4_DRIVER_MODEL            TMC2130 //    OFF, TMC2130, TMC5160. Leave OFF for all drivers models except these.         Option
#define AXIS4_DRIVER_MICROSTEPS       64 //    OFF, n. Microstep mode when tracking.                   For TMC2130, TMC5160. Option
#define AXIS4_DRIVER_IHOLD            OFF //    OFF, n, (mA.) Current standstill. OFF uses IRUN/2.0.                  "  Option
#define AXIS4_DRIVER_IRUN             500 //    OFF, n, (mA.) Current tracking, appropriate for stepper/driver/etc.   "  Option
#define AXIS4_DRIVER_POWER_DOWN       OFF //    OFF, ON Powers off the motor at stand-still.       Option
#define AXIS4_DRIVER_REVERSE          OFF //    OFF, ON Reverses movement direction, or reverse wiring instead to correct.    Option
#define AXIS4_DRIVER_DC_MODE          OFF //    OFF, DRV8825 for pwm dc motor control on stepper driver outputs. Option
#define AXIS4_LIMIT_MIN_RATE           50 //     50, n. Where n=1..1000 (um/s.) Minimum microns/second. In DC mode, min pwr. Adjust
#define AXIS4_LIMIT_MIN                 0 //      0, n. Where n=0..500 (millimeters.) Minimum allowed position.  Adjust
#define AXIS4_LIMIT_MAX                50 //     50, n. Where n=0..500 (millimeters.) Maximum allowed position.  Adjust

András

I can add 3 hints to the above.
1) double check the orientation of the 2130 driver
2) use 8 microstep and 4 micron/step in the config
3) depending on the resistance of the motor coil, 500mA at 12V may be a bit low to get a decent torque, but I understand you have a "no power" situation right now.

jbastian.casas@...

Ok totally my fault, the motor was moving too slow, that i cant percive the movement, i adjusted the config, and now everithing works ok