FYsetc S6 GPS

Chris Whitener

Kahlid, Did you move the GPS from RX3/TX3 to the softserial pins?
was this done to shutup the incessant spewing from the GPS?
We only need the info once a night.

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 02:11 PM, Chris Whitener wrote:
Kahlid
That is Khalid ... common error though ...

Did you move the GPS from RX3/TX3 to the softserial pins?
No.

was this done to shutup the incessant spewing from the GPS?
We only need the info once a night.

I have always used the following:

  #define TIME_LOCATION_SOURCE    GPS
  #define SERIAL_GPS              Serial3
  #define SERIAL_GPS_BAUD         9600

And wired it to PC10 and PC11 on EXP1, as in the pictures on
the Wiki page.

Once the GPS gets a fix and starts providing PPS, OnStep stops
reading that port, so the info from it is ignored anyway.

Chris Whitener

Khalid, sorry...  The OnstepX code(10.05f) is setup to use softserial on PA2 PA3.  Also alternately can I use the DS3231 on the I2C buss pins already on the board.

Khalid Baheyeldin

For OnStepX, I used this:

  #define TIME_LOCATION_SOURCE    GPS
  #define TIME_LOCATION_PPS_SENSE HIGH
  #define SERIAL_GPS              Serial3
  #define SERIAL_GPS_BAUD         9600

It compiles.

But I have not tested X on the S6 for a while, because it is still in flux.

Gerry Byrne

My GPS does not appear to function and I note Khalid's comment here about defining the GPS serial port as
 #define TIME_LOCATION_SOURCE    GPS
  #define SERIAL_GPS              Serial3
  #define SERIAL_GPS_BAUD         9600
And wired it to PC10 and PC11 on EXP1

Checking my setup I find that my Config h defines the serial_GPS as Serial 2 but that I had been connecting to EXP1 as Khalid mentions above. Is it possible to correct this without re-flashing the board again? For example by connecting elsewhere?
Gerry

--
Copernicus