FYSETC S6 V2 compilation errors #S6

fred1984

O sketch usa 188460 bytes (41%) de espaço de armazenamento para programas. O máximo são 458752 bytes.
Variáveis globais usam 14348 bytes (10%) de memória dinâmica, deixando 116724 bytes para variáveis locais. O máximo são 131072 bytes.
                       STM32CubeProgrammer v2.8.0

USB speed   : Full Speed (12MBit/s)
Manuf. ID   : STMicroelectronics
Product ID  : STM32  BOOTLOADER
SN          : STM32FxSTM32
FW version  : 0x011a
Device ID   : 0x0421
Device name : STM32F446xx
Flash size  : 512 KBytes (default)
Device type : MCU
Device CPU  : Cortex-M4

Memory Programming ...
Opening and parsing file: OnStep.ino.bin
  File          : OnStep.ino.bin
  Size          : 188956 Bytes
  Address       : 0x08010000

Erasing memory corresponding to segment 0:
Erasing internal memory sectors [4 5]
erasing sector 0004 @: 0x08010000 done
erasing sector 0005 @: 0x08020000 done
Download in Progress:

File download complete
Time elapsed during download operation: 00:00:10.594

RUNNING Program ...
  Address:      : 0x8000000
Start operation achieved successfully

fred1984

looks like it loaded now. Redid the spreadsheet generator now with version 4X. The Debug led is still flashing. I imagine that now I return the BOOTO jumper to its normal position. I will try to test it. I still don't know how to test with Onstep. I will study the Wiki. Thank you very much Khalid

Dave Schwartz

There is no LED on the S6 I would consider to be a debug LED. If you added the external tracking LED, that would be something that would flash but only if you had enable TRACK_AUTOSTART, otherwise it turns on solid a short time after power up. A heater LED could also flash but that would require you to have configured one as an auxiliary feature with a default value of ON. Which LED do you mean?

As for testing if OnStep is running, there is a method at the bottom of this Wiki page https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/wiki/3915

On 2021-10-13 7:20 a.m., fred1984 wrote:
looks like it loaded now. Redid the spreadsheet generator now with version 4X. The Debug led is still flashing. I imagine that now I return the BOOTO jumper to its normal position. I will try to test it. I still don't know how to test with Onstep. I will study the Wiki. Thank you very much Khalid

fred1984

I don't have an answer when I type the comman " : GVP # "

DEBUG LED does not stop flashing after upload. (it starts blinking at the end of the upload). When I go back to jumper RUN , it stops flashing.

fred1984

I'm going to run tests on another computer,

Dave Schwartz

Okay... I hadn't noticed that debug LED before. It definitely does not light up when my S6 is booted into OnStep. I have a sense that this is the power-on firmware complaining that the bootloader is missing.

No response to GVP indicates OnStep is not running.

My first suggestion is that your bootloader has become corrupt. It appears that FYSETC has changed their repository structure for the S6 bootloader and the active location is now here https://github.com/FYSETC/FYSETC-S6/tree/main/bootloader. Download the Bootloader-FYSETC_S6.hex <https://github.com/FYSETC/FYSETC-S6/blob/main/bootloader/Bootloader-FYSETC_S6.hex> one and upload it to the S6 at address 0x8000000 using the STM32CubeProgrammer. You should not have to reload OnStep because if you successfully uploaded it to 0x8010000 reloading the bootloader at 0x8000000 will not overwrite it (the bootload is not that large).

On 2021-10-13 1:14 p.m., fred1984 wrote:
I don't have an answer when I type the comman " *: GVP # " *

*DEBUG LED does not stop flashing after upload. (it starts blinking at the end of the upload). When I go back to jumper RUN , it stops flashing.*

**

fred1984

downloaded the *.hex file. and STMCUBE gave the following error message:

15:57:19: STM32CubeProgrammer API v2.8.0

15:57:31: Velocidade USB: Velocidade máxima (12MBit / s)
15:57:31: Manuf. ID: STMicroelectronics
15:57:31: ID do produto: STM32 BOOTLOADER
15:57:31: SN: STM32FxSTM32
15:57:31: versão do FW: 0x011a
15:57:31: ID do dispositivo: 0x0421
15:57:31: CARREGANDO OPÇÃO DE DADOS DE BYTES ...
15:57:31: Banco: 0x00
15:57:31: Endereço: 0x1fffc000
15:57:31: Tamanho: 16 Bytes
15:57:31: CARREGANDO ... 15:57:31: Tamanho: 1024 bytes
15:57:31: Endereço: 0x8000000
15:57:31: Progresso da leitura:
15:57:31: Dados lidos com sucesso
15:57:31: O tempo decorrido durante a operação de leitura é: 00: 00: 00.087
15:57:53: Erro: Falha na análise
15:57:53: Erro: Na linha 107:
15:57:53:
Erro: esperando dígito (0-9), encontrado: 'E'

"Guilherme Vênere

Your error indicates you didn't download the proper file. Use this link, right click over the content on screen and choose "Save As" to save to a file

You can open the file in a text editor and compare what you downloaded to what is shown on the link above, they need to be the same.

guilherme

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 12:15 PM fred1984 <fredericodejesus99@...> wrote:
     now the same error has returned, I can't load it in the arduino IDE

                       STM32CubeProgrammer v2.8.0

Error: Target device not found
Establishing connection with the device failed

fred1984

this new *.HEX file. It worked. I downloaded it. opened in STMCUBE. I managed to upload it again in the arduino IDE. But there is no response to the command: : GVP #

                       STM32CubeProgrammer v2.8.0

USB speed   : Full Speed (12MBit/s)
Manuf. ID   : STMicroelectronics
Product ID  : STM32  BOOTLOADER
SN          : STM32FxSTM32
FW version  : 0x011a
Device ID   : 0x0421
Device name : STM32F446xx
Flash size  : 512 KBytes (default)
Device type : MCU
Device CPU  : Cortex-M4

Memory Programming ...
Opening and parsing file: OnStep.ino.bin
  File          : OnStep.ino.bin
  Size          : 188956 Bytes
  Address       : 0x08010000

Erasing memory corresponding to segment 0:
Erasing internal memory sectors [4 5]
erasing sector 0004 @: 0x08010000 done
erasing sector 0005 @: 0x08020000 done
Download in Progress:

File download complete
Time elapsed during download operation: 00:00:10.645

RUNNING Program ...
  Address:      : 0x8000000
Start operation achieved successfully

András

If you have a new S6 (yours is probably on its knees now) sent to me (I am in Italy) I will flash it for you  with your config.
You can mail me from the directory.
Andras

fred1984

thank you andrás...thanks so much. I will try to install the entire setup on another computer first. gratitude. I'm in Brazil.

fred1984

I redid all the settings on another computer. I loaded in DFU. When I return the jumper to its position and test the command on the "serial monitor": the error appears: Connected card is not available.