Topics

fysetcf6 with servo42b #EQ5

Twind

Hello!

I am adding onstep to my skyview pro mount..
Does anyone know if the fysetc f6 v1.3 and mks servo42b motors work together?
I am looking at ordering these
F6 board
MKS servo32b

Thomas

Khalid Baheyeldin

There is no support for the F6 board in OnStep.

The S6 is supported.

Twind

Thank you for catching that I was about to order the wrong board!

Khalid Baheyeldin

If you order the all-assembled SERVO42B, they come with an adapter
that fits into the driver sockets for X and Y on the FYSETC S6.

The only part is figuring out what jumpers to put in underneath
the adapter. I am guessing it would be the same as the A4988.

Then you need to adjust the microstepping in the motor itself
using the supplied LCD. This will be as per the spreadsheet,
and the Config.h will have to match.

Once you do these steps, you will have a good system.

Twind

I got the board and motors in the mail this week. I looking at the flashing instructions and it says there is a boot0 button but my board only has a boot0 zero jumper in the middle. The board I received does not look like the picture of the board on the fystec website.

Khalid Baheyeldin

Boot0 button or jumper work the same way.
You press the button down, hold it down, then press the reset button (next to the USB port),
and the board will be in DFU mode (= device firmware upload).

You need to figure out which two pins should be jumpered. Try 1+2, and if that does not
work, then try 2+3. One or the other will work.

And thinking about it more, having a jumper is an advantage, because that way, when the
board is in a case, you can just have wires come out with a momentary switch for flashing
without having to open the case.

Dave Schwartz

That's the same board - you've just got the XH connector type, the MX connector type is the one with the black locking connectors (that's the version I bought since it came with the plugs and contacts and I had no fear of crimping them... with the XH connectors you need to buy extras).

I looks like everything is in the same place, just that the BOOT0 button as on the Wiki (and the ones Khalid and I got) is replaced with a header which would require moving a jumper (and thus my case with a hole and a guide for pressing the button would not work... you'd have to create a flash/run switch like we did on the STM32 BluePill PCB if you wanted to avoid opening the case to upload new code).

Does your board still say V1.2 on the back?

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 06:01 PM, Twind wrote:
but my board only has a boot0 zero jumper in the middle.
The S6 Wiki page has been updated to say that v2.0 has a jumper not a button.

https://wiki.fysetc.com/FYSETC_S6/

That newer version also has a 5V selector (from 12-24V or from USB).