Topics

G11 OnStep MKS Gen-L V2.0

Jamie Flinn

Just an update on mount #2 and some interesting lessons.  I will be star testing Wed Night a unit consisting of Nema 17 .96 (400step) 1.5 amp motors with TMC2130 divers loaded on an MKS Gen-L v2.0

1) the V2.0 board is amazingly simple - I had motors running within 10 minutes of taking the unit out of the mailbox

2)trim of Vref on the TMC2130 is great at about .85 for a fully loaded G11 (with C11 and big-ass weights)

3) who knew->you can cut aluminum plate with a jigsaw - Thanks to Howard for his G11 template!!!

4) who knew #2-> you can use a drill press as a lathe....those damn cheap couplers are always too big (not any more :-)

5) old backup hard drive enclosures make awesome cases for MKS Gen-L boards AND the one I had on hand happened to fit the G11 bracket for a controller...lol sometimes ya get lucky

Anyway - a load of images and video of the build will be posted after testing and final prints of the covers for the motors...

Jamie

Howard Dutton

Good job, that's the way!  Look forward to seeing some pictures.

Bill Wagstaff

Is Howard's G11 template on the wiki somewhere? I tried a search just now, and came up with nothing.

If not, could I get a copy of the template, please?

Bill

John Petterson

Bill,

I do not think there is one. I have been using the 1.0 template, and researching the differences which details are kind of scattered around the wiki.  What specifically are you looking for?  I may have found the details.

John

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 09:56 AM, Bill Wagstaff wrote:
Is Howard's G11 template on the wiki somewhere?
No, it's in the files section:

https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/files/Various%20Mounts%20-%20G11

Bill Wagstaff

Thanks, Howard. I'm expecting Fedex to drop off my steppers today, so I should be able to get a couple of plates made up this afternoon and get going on making a set of oldham couplings.

Bill

Jamie Flinn

Log on to the group and find files section...it only show up if you are logged on