So, I'm printing out the SHC boxes and I'm wondering if they're coming out correctly, is the faceplate supposed to recess into the box, or sit on top like this?

Dave Schwartz

It is supposed to recess into the top. You can address this in one of two ways: modify the FreeCAD source (which is often fraught with peril due to bugs in FreeCAD) or use your slicer to scale one of the parts up or down. It would probably be best to test fit the PCB using the intended 4-40 screws to see if they line up with the holes in the printed parts to see which parts require scaling. The screws should go though the top and PCB easily - only the posts in the bottom require threads to be tapped.

On 2021-01-12 5:39 p.m., Jay Murphy wrote:
So, I'm printing out the SHC boxes and I'm wondering if they're coming out correctly, is the faceplate supposed to recess into the box, or sit on top like this?

Jay Murphy

Alright, thanks, Dave. My printer just bloated the parts a little. I'm just going to sand down the sides of the face plate to get it to fit. I'm printing them for someone else, does the pcb need to fit between the screw pegs? They're probably a little bloated too.

On 2021-01-12 5:39 p.m., Jay Murphy wrote:
> So, I'm printing out the SHC boxes and I'm wondering if they're coming
> out correctly, is the faceplate supposed to recess into the box, or
> sit on top like this?

Jay Murphy

If the PCB is supposed to sandwich between the posts it'll be okay. The dimensions are correct I'm sure, it's just that they've put on a little weight

Dave Schwartz

Yes, the PCB sandwiches between the posts. When the faceplate recesses into the bottom so that the top surface of the faceplate is even with the top of the side walls of the bottom, there is (or should be) exactly a PCB-thickness gap left for the PCB. As long as the screws go through like I said before, you're good. You may have to tweak the bezel to if its dimensions got bloated (or the gap for the tab in the faceplate shrunk).

On 2021-01-12 6:06 p.m., Jay Murphy wrote:
If the PCB is supposed to sandwich between the posts it'll be okay. The dimensions are correct I'm sure, it's just that they've put on a little weight

Ken Hunter

Jay, if you don't have a PCB for the SHC, I can send you one...

Ken

lrosellpardo@...

This is what I made from Roman Hujer design. I think it's the same??