Having a rough time with geting the web server working on the wemos esp8266, curious of a couple things I havent come across in the writings yet...

pepsiaddict@...

First one being, I got the maxstm3.6 pcb, and am wondering if I have to have all the steppers populated for things to work properly? I only have 2 at the moment for axis 1 and 2, cant Imagine I would NEED the others, but have to ask to be sure.

The other question I have is about the eeprom, is there some troubleshooting I can do to see if its faulty? I haver a sneaking suspicion that it is the culprit for making the webserver not play nice, but am unsure how to go about testing it

Thanks!

kevin

In lieu of any one else answering quickly.
I haven't uses a maxstm3.6 but i would imagine there is no problem with only 2 drivers.
under the files section there is a couple of STM32 test program for checking the address of the RTC module and also an eprom test. they may be a guide to checking it out but you may need some programming skills.
if it isn't working  i don't think Onstep will run. so if Onstep is running it is probably another problem. have a look at the recent topic https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/message/41246

pepsiaddict@...

Hmmm, yea its working, can run onstep through stellarium via serial, so maybe its not that I guess...Yea ive been filtering through all the esp8266 posts looking for a solution to my random issues lol...what a pita little board, wish id haver read just a liiiitle bit more before I ordered them.

kevin

I have a bluepill but i expect it is similar.
Is the blue light on the D1 mini flashing 3 times then pausing and repeating? If it is the SWS is running.  you need to use the correct version of board manager and board to get it to run properly.
try pressing the rest on the D1 mini .
that last message in the thread i linked to said he fixed it because the pin on the bluepill was suspect, so check your soldering.
On the bluepill some people have plugged it in reversed so check the microusb is underneath the board and close to the clock board.

if you want to check it is, at least partially,  working plug just the D1 mini into the computer USB  like you programmed it. The blue light should be flashing 3 times then pause and repeat.
open up Arduino IDE and open up the serial monitor at 9600 baud press reset on the D1 mini you should see some rubish as it boots then :#:#:#:GVP# as it the blue led flashes. after a few of those you will probably see backward ??? so change baud to 57600 and you should again see :#:#:#:GVP# a few times as it tried the higher baud rate.
like this
⸮ txG٤(⸮⸮zHň⸮:#:#:#:GVP#:#:#:#:GVP#:#:#:#:GVP#:#:#:#:GVP#:#:#:#:GVP#⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮'⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮

Drew 🔭📷🚴‍♂️

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 05:30 PM, kevin wrote:
that last message in the thread i linked to said he fixed it because the pin on the bluepill was suspect, so check your soldering.
That thread puzzled me so I went back and read it thoroughly. The poster did not have a bluepill pcb board. He had a breadboard setup to be like the bluepill. His problem was that his breadboard connection was faulty.

kevin

Ps i have a D1 mini, if it is a pro it will obviously look like the Wiki photo.

kevin

The bluepills and D1 minis , and presumably the blackpills, i have bought have been shipped with the pins separate so the don't get damaged an have a thinner packet. So if you get a dry joint on your soldering somewhere it won't connect.

pepsiaddict@...

oddly enough, it works fine when not installed on the PCB, and just jumpered to rx and tx and powered through usb connection back to PC...will test more tonight to try and figure out the cause