Dave Schwartz

It may be that this is another of the app's deficits to be addressed in a future update.

The web server allows UTC offset to be entered from -12 to +14. I tested it and it allowed me to upload +13 and it had that value when I went to the status screen and back so it was stored in the controller.

On 2020-10-19 7:25 p.m., @ekim wrote:

I do have one question about the UTC offset, I live in New Zealand and am currently in summer time so. +13 GMT it appears the android app will only go it -12 so am having to change my phone's time manually is there a better solution?

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 04:47 PM, Dave Schwartz wrote:
The web server allows UTC offset to be entered from -12 to +14. I tested it and it allowed me to upload +13 and it had that value when I went to the status screen and back so it was stored in the controller.
The Android App and website (etc.) are all consistent.  Their range is -12 to +14 but it seems the correct range is -14 to +12 I misinterpreted the Wikipedia data on the subject.  You entered +13 where evoog wanted -13.

Kind of a pain to fix, touches lots o' stuff.

Howard Dutton

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 04:26 PM, <evoorg@...> wrote:
I do have one question about the UTC offset, I live in New Zealand and am currently in summer time so. +13 GMT it appears the android app...
Also note:
I recommend that users ignore "summer time" and use the standard time UTC Offset year round.

@ekim

heh looks like I have been over thinking it and its actually already taking day light savings into account