Topics

Meridian flip , Instein controller OnEsp 1.7C Onstep 2.22 on E.fric

yvesvandenbroek

Hi I’m confused on settings,
actually what I really want is that the mount can track past meridian for X amount,
so that when SGP issues the flip the mount actually flips ...
I need to try some more settings but it seems that when i do an update via webpage (controller is connected via USB to SGP) my settings where not being honored, I also made a possible mistake by entering 2 degrees for both west and east ... I guess I only should do west of mount? Anyway in the webinterface it says limits, in the ASCOM driver it’s about goto limits ...

Any hints so I can track past meridian, but I can flip to the other side when SGP issues the goto.
Thanks,
Yves

yvesvandenbroek

So the past meridian when west works, so the mount tracks past meridian for the degrees given.
From previous posts it seems that prefer East side is the solution, I’m waiting on the new FW to try.

I do not now if it’s a different behavior in newer versions, but when the limit is reached, the mount should just stop tracking, now it stops tracking but for SGP it also reports back that the mount is parked, this has 2 issues, one it’s not parked and 2 if SGP tries to recover it will fail, while if it’s just the tracking that is stopped SGP can still slew to the next object and ideally the mount starts tracking again at the new target ...

/Yves

yvesvandenbroek

It’s kind of a monologue, but for completeness, setting in global.h the prefer east side option did the trick. Still I think it should be considered to implement a different strategy, automated imaging especially remote needs a better way to control this.

You should have tracking limits besides goto limits they are NOT the same and once reached the mount should not report it is parked, but it should just stop tracking, and should accept goto commands and start tracking when a goto is done within the limits.
This es very important when you are sleeping or even worse working remote, this behavior would enable softwares to restart a failed sequence without any intervention. (This is for example how my Sitech controller works)

Ivan Berton

Thanks. I follow you post.

Inviato da iPhone