Topics

Minimal OnStep with the FYSETC S6, TMC2130 and WiFI

Khalid Baheyeldin

For those who face challenges putting the hardware together ...

In this video, I show how a FYSETC S6 can be used in a minimal setup for OnStep.

The TMC SPI drivers are the recommended ones (TMC2130 or TMC5160) since they allow a different microstepping for slewing.

Jas

Thank you for the video Khaled.  Loved it.

Just a quick question:  on the ESP8266 i can see where the red and blue wires are connected.  Where are the green and black wires connected?

Thank you

Jas

martin@...

I am just working on a Fysetc S6 case which is basically this minimal setup..When the 3D print is verified to be functional I will share the result :)

Drew 🔭📷🚴‍♂️

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 08:46 AM, martin@... wrote:

When the 3D print is verified to be functional I will share the result :)

When you do please share the CAD files. Just makes it easier for the inevitable tweaks.

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 07:59 AM, Jas wrote:
Just a quick question:  on the ESP8266 i can see where the red and blue wires are connected.  Where are the green and black wires connected?
Ignore the wire colors, since they may be different in the cables that you get.
Also ignore whether the WiFi module is a LOLIN, WeMos D1 Mini or something else.

The important part is to know how things are connected in principle, and that way you can adapt to any module and any wire colors.

Here is how:

The UART1 connector on the S6 has 4 wires.
They are marked on the back of the board for easy reference.
From top to bottom, they are GND, 5V, TX and RX.

The GND from UART1 goes to GND on the WiFi module.
The 5V from the UART1 goes to 5V or VIN on the WiFi module.

Then the TX and RX are reversed:
TX on UART1 goes to RX on the WiFi module.
RX on UART1 goes to TX on the WiFi module.

Now you can adapt the above to any combination of wires and modules.