Topics

MiniPCB2 Driver no output

Hi guys this is my MiniPCB2

Getting it run no issue last week.. suddenly no output on RA Axis 1 & DEC Axis 2, have check the cable no issue . I wonder any components damage or any voltage didnt deliver to stepper drive that cus this issue. ( Sorry that i have no engineer experience.)

sins i cant find the solution that don't have output on RA DEC axis... i try upload Stable version 3.16.. it seem the STA2 LED light up and no STA2 LED light Master vesion v4.15

Mike Wagner

I'm confused by your message, my apologies, but do you mean that your board WAS working, and suddenly stopped? Or it has never worked and you need help with that?

You8 also said "....seem the STA 2 light up and NO STA 2 LED" which are opposites - does the status LED light up?

Mike

Hello Mike

Appologie on my explanation.. what i try to said is
This board previously work fine with firmware Master v 4.15.. after few time do testing and it stop working on RA & DEC axis... Dunno what wrong...

I still manage to connect Onstep WiFi & setting... When try to slew direction, motor seem not moving at all... I wonder is any components is damage or other issue.

Then i tot firmware issues.. i try upload stable version v3.16 and i saw the LED on STA2 is light up and v4.15 firmware LED on STA2 was not. Not sure is related to the both axis error or not.

Howard Dutton

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 05:57 AM, Kokoro San wrote:
Then i tot firmware issues.. i try upload stable version v3.16 and i saw the LED on STA2 is light up and v4.15 firmware LED on STA2 was not. Not sure is related to the both axis error or not.
Not sure what the problem is but your Config.h for 3.16 the Reticle is enabled where in 4.15 it isn't:

// USER FEEDBACK -------------------------------------------- see https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/wiki/6-Configuration#USER_FEEDBACK
#define LED_STATUS                     ON //     ON, Blinks w/sidereal tracking otherwise steady on indicates activity.       Option
#define LED_STATUS2                   OFF //    OFF, ON Blinks 1s interval w/PPS sync, steady for gotos, off if in standby.   Option
#define LED_RETICLE                   OFF //    OFF, n. Where n=0..255 (0..100%) activates feature sets default brightness.   Option

Then you have the buzzer on?

#define BUZZER                         ON //    OFF, ON, n. Where n=100..6000 (Hz freq.) for piezo speaker. ON for buzzer.    Option

#define BUZZER_STATE_DEFAULT          OFF //    OFF, ON Start with piezo buzzer/speaker enabled.                              Option

Thx Howard

Might be...i miss turn on buzzer 😬
For the micro stepper drive..
I use multimeter to test positive on VM n Ground i have 12v supply... But i think the driver doesn't get 5v input to kick the Stepper drive started...🤔
Where ia the 5v supply from actually?

Howard Dutton

With no 5V... no LEDs would be on.  You have 5V or something close, most likely.

George Cushing

Your v. reg is kind'a a non-standard setup, not a OKI78SR5/1.5W36C or this Chinese clone MP1584EN DC-DC Mini Step Converter. Are you sure you are getting 5 and or 12V to the drivers?

Hello George Cushing

 Good to see you here.. this MiniPCB2 n Bluepill was purchased from you... MiniPCB2 was lest few components... So i buy online for awhile now...
Still figuring out how to get it all working smoothly..

I actually have brought OKI78SR5/1.5W36C i check the output was producing around 7v.. so i tot getting new one but took time to get it.. so i use my remain mini 360 Step down converter to maintain 5v output.

I think so... Still figuring out where was when wrong or something damage..😢 dunno where to check..

Howard Dutton

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 10:06 AM, Kokoro San wrote:
I think so... Still figuring out where was when wrong or something damage..😢 dunno where to check..
This could still be user error for all I know, I read nothing of the startup procedure.

Did you start an alignment or other action that enables the motors?  If not they will stay powered down and won't move.

This could still be user error for all I know, I read nothing of the startup procedure.

Did you start an alignment or other action that enables the motors?  If not they will stay powered down and won't move.
i think i know why.... the time i was using MINIPCB2 firmware 4.15 with TMC5160 for testing on G-11... final i need use back MINIPCB2 for my small tracker which i forget to change the setting back to LV8729... maybe that why cause the driver not working....