Topics

MKS v2.1

robert utecht

Good evening I just finished up the Mks version of OnStep works great thanks for everyone's help ,but just can't seem to make the Bluetooth work it's a HC-05 I believe I have it flashed right, my phone sees it  and it looks like its connected?  All its telling me waiting  for connection  the red light flashing then stops for awhile then flashing again what do I need to check .

   Thanks
                   Robert

John Petterson

Robert,

Which port on the MKS are you connecting the bluetooth to?  The TX1/RX1 pins on the Z+ and Z- connectors have some debounce circuitry that needs to be removed if you want to use that port.

Are you crossing the TX and RX lines?  TX on the Bluetooth has to connect to RX on the MKS Gen L serial port.

John

Howard Dutton

And HC05's are rated for 3.3V signals only so TX from the Mega2560 to RX on the device needs a level shift (google "resistor level shift HC05")

robert utecht

Thanks guys for replying, somewhere I read to use the EXP1 ports on the right side they are also shaded in yellow,  the rx and the tx pins are right place,  also the HC-05 I got from Amazon says its rated at 5v. At the bottom of the board there's a AUX-1 next to the USB port .

Bob

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020, 2:35 PM Howard Dutton <hjd1964@...> wrote:
And HC05's are rated for 3.3V signals only so TX from the Mega2560 to RX on the device needs a level shift (google "resistor level shift HC05")

John Petterson

I am not sure which one you bought from Amazon, but the Q&A on some of them indicates that while 5V on the signal lines won't damage them, they become unstable and do not operate properly.  You may need to adjust the voltage levels.  I use this device in my SHC design and for encoders with a 3.3V device.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H2C6SJJ.  It has 4 bidirectional channels on each device.  There are others too.

robert utecht

Thanks I just ordered them I understand what they are for but am I using the right port EXP 1 or do I use the AUX 1 port.

Bob