New INDI 1.9.2 fixes important bugs ...

Khalid Baheyeldin

For those using OnStep with KStars/Ekos/INDI ...

INDI 1.9.2 is now available from Jasem's PPA.
It has various fixes, but most importantly, a fix for the correct status of
OnStep (i.e. Idle, Slewing, Tracking, ...etc.)
This bug manifests itself in various forms, like showing the previous
star, rather than the current one in Ekos, popup messages of scope
reaching destination immediately after a slew is started, weird behaviour
for meridian flips, and so on.

Thanks to Jamie Flinn for relentlessly working on this until he got it fixed.

Please upgrade as soon as you can do so.

Chad Gray

Yay!  Thanks Jamie!  Now that i am using the right port my Indi solution worked great last night.  LOL

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 12:21 PM Khalid Baheyeldin <kbahey@...> wrote:
For those using OnStep with KStars/Ekos/INDI ...

INDI 1.9.2 is now available from Jasem's PPA.
It has various fixes, but most importantly, a fix for the correct status of
OnStep (i.e. Idle, Slewing, Tracking, ...etc.)
This bug manifests itself in various forms, like showing the previous
star, rather than the current one in Ekos, popup messages of scope
reaching destination immediately after a slew is started, weird behaviour
for meridian flips, and so on.

Thanks to Jamie Flinn for relentlessly working on this until he got it fixed.

Please upgrade as soon as you can do so.

Vroobel

Thank you Khalid, I indeed experienced strange breaking the slew with a deceleration much earlier than expected. I'll update it ASAP.

Best regards,
Tomasz Kruk

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 12:37 PM, Vroobel wrote:
I indeed experienced strange breaking the slew with a deceleration much earlier than expected.
That is not something I have seen, nor Jamie.
So it may be a different issue.

But there is definitely a serious bug that this new version fixes, and everyone has to upgrade to
prevent it.

Vroobel

Thanks anyway :)

Should I update and upgrade all the Astroberry or enter a specific command?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Tomasz Kruk

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 12:53 PM, Vroobel wrote:
Should I update and upgrade all the Astroberry or enter a specific command?
I don't use KStars/Ekos/INDI on a Raspberry Pi, so no direct knowledge.
I will let someone who has been using Astroberry for a while to pitch in on specific.

Chad Gray

I did an "apt update" on my Raspberry Pi and the repository has not been updated yet.

So if you want it now you will need to download and compile.

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 01:39 PM, Chad Gray wrote:
I did an "apt update" on my Raspberry Pi and the repository has not been updated yet.
The repo that I use, which is like so for 18.04 (bionic)

Here is what is in the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mutlaqja-ppa.list:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mutlaqja/ppa/ubuntu bionic main

Vroobel

Hi,

I found several times another strange behaviour of my EQ fork mount. The mount is at the home position, aimed somehow near the NCP. I selected any point below the NCP, that means it's somewhere in the North direction, several degrees over the horizon. When I choose the GoTo, the fork makes strange revolution around the Ra axis and the OTA do same backwards or upwards, instead of going just down. It doesn't make sense for me. Can it be caused by the issue of the v1.9.1? I unchecked every box related with the meridian flip which I found as the fork mount doesn't need it. Am I right?

Best regards,
Tomasz Kruk

On Tue, 14 Sep 2021, 19:03 Khalid Baheyeldin, <kbahey@...> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 01:39 PM, Chad Gray wrote:
I did an "apt update" on my Raspberry Pi and the repository has not been updated yet.
The repo that I use, which is like so for 18.04 (bionic)

Here is what is in the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mutlaqja-ppa.list:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mutlaqja/ppa/ubuntu bionic main

Chad Gray

Check the faq on that one.  Sounds like the expected behavior around the NCP.

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021, 3:28 AM Vroobel <tomasz.kruk.uk@...> wrote:
[...]

Did you mean the first Q/A? It looks different. I use an astrometry via a guider (presently I use the Nex-6 as a main camera, it's not talking over the USB), so the Kstars-Ekos should know where it is aimed. It's not related with the Dec axis only which I would understand, as the rotation in Dec behave expectedly around the NCP using buttons. Even if the OTA is not aimed exactly at the NCP, but somewhere close to it, why the mount doesn't go the shortest way down, including a small rotation in the Ra axis? It prefers to rotate nearly 180* in the Ra and i.e. 120* in the Dec instead of relevantly several degrees in the Ra and 46* in the Dec. That's not obvious for me.

Best regards,
Tomasz Kruk

On Wed, 15 Sep 2021, 11:20 Chad Gray, <rchadgray@...> wrote:
[...]

Jamie Flinn

Astroberry waits a bit before you can get - jasems nightly PPA is not available on astroberry - this is why I build from code - check on the astroberry FB site for info on if it has been made avail

Jamie Flinn

have not seen a rapid deceleration except when I changed drivers to TMC5160 - my decel seems shorter now but still good