Topics

No movement from AXIS2

jpm996

I just finished my OnStep MiniPCBv2 kit. (Great kit, and was pretty easy to assemble/load firmware.) My setup is a MiniPCB, Teensy 4.0, Bigtreetech TMC5160v1.2 (CLK pin cut and grounded), and Wemos D1 mini. Everything has gone smoothly so far. I am able to connect to the OnStep via wifi and issue commands. There are a couple issues I am having.

When I go to 192.168.0.1, and click on one of the Align buttons, it gives me an error code stating the Serial interface is down. However, after a few seconds it comes back up and appears to be okay. The AXIS1 motor begins slow tracking with no issues. I am able to control the AXIS1 motor with no issues by clicking on the East and West buttons. I am not able to get the 2nd motor to move at all. I have swapped the motors, wires, and drivers between AXIS1 and AXIS2, but the problem stays isolated to AXIS2. There is no movement from the AXIS2 motor when I press on N/S. The motors are setup identically in Config.h.

Has anyone had a similar issue? I am at a loss here, as everything else seems to work fine.

Thank you!
-James

Howard Dutton

Do a really careful check of the soldering.  Nothing to do with the motors not moving but make sure you're using the master branch OnStep also.

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020, 8:15 PM <jpmccarvill@...> wrote:
[...]

Thank you for your help. I checked all of the soldering and everything tested okay. However, when I put it all back together, it now works just fine. I'm not sure what happened, maybe the driver was not seated properly before.

The Serial Interface error is still there, and I believe I am on the master branch OnStep 3.16.

Howard Dutton

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 08:41 AM, jpm996 wrote:
The Serial Interface error is still there, and I believe I am on the master branch OnStep 3.16.
OnStep 3.16 is NOT the master branch.

jpm996

Well that will do it. I flashed the master branch and it works great. Thanks so much.