Not able to connect to wifi on MaxESP3

Brent Crain

Hi,

I am completely new to OnStep, but have read through much of the wiki.  I have a fully assembled MaxESP3 that George C. built and tested for me.  The board powers up fine, the red LED on the ESP32 and the blue LED on the D1 mini both go solid after a few seconds.  When I try to connect to the “ONSTEP” SSID that is broadcast, my cell phone reports “Failed to obtain IP address”.  My laptop connects to ONSTEP, but marks it as an “unidentified network”.  Entering http://192.168.0.1/ into a browser returns a connection timed out error.

I assume George used the standard configuration.  How should I proceed?

Thanks!

Brent Crain

Incase anyone else has this problem in the future, re-uploading the SWS sketch to the D1 solved it.