Onstep ad Stellarium app

jbastian.casas@...

Hi Guys,

Im trying to use onstep with the stellarium+ app as this guy does in this video

https://youtu.be/OqXqYb8Df78

But im. Unable to do so, can anyone guide me? This is what I get when trying to connect

"Guilherme Vênere

You might need to change the port to 9998 if you're using Onstep 4.xx. In 3.16 this needs to be enabled manually in the wifi config. This is the persistent channel and is needed by some applications to work with OnStep

Guilherme

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 12:39 PM <jbastian.casas@...> wrote:
Hi Guys,

Im trying to use onstep with the stellarium+ app as this guy does in this video

https://youtu.be/OqXqYb8Df78

But im. Unable to do so, can anyone guide me? This is what I get when trying to connect

Dave Schwartz

Yes, port 9998 is required for Stellarium Mobile+

https://youtu.be/OqXqYb8Df78 <https://youtu.be/OqXqYb8Df78>

But im. Unable to do so, can anyone guide me? This is what I get
when trying to connect

Dave Schwartz

P.S. Tested just now...

On 2021-04-30 3:47 p.m., "Guilherme Vênere wrote:
You might need to change the port to 9998 if you're using Onstep 4.xx. In 3.16 this needs to be enabled manually in the wifi config. This is the persistent channel and is needed by some applications to work with OnStep

Guilherme

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 12:39 PM <jbastian.casas@gmail.com <mailto:jbastian.casas@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hi Guys,

    Im trying to use onstep with the stellarium+ app as this guy does
    in this video

    https://youtu.be/OqXqYb8Df78 <https://youtu.be/OqXqYb8Df78>

    But im. Unable to do so, can anyone guide me? This is what I get
    when trying to connect

Vrajesh

I am curious if you're using Android??

I am using iOS, Stellarium Mobile Plus times out when I try connecting to Onstep with port 9998. I have enabled the persistent connection. I verified with my windows machine that port 9998 is open so not sure if there is a difference in the Android or iOS version.

Vrajesh

Nevermind, looks like yesterday's Stellarium Mobile Plus update for iOS fixed the issue.