OnStep Configuration Generator lives on ...

simpsonj@...

Edited

I didn't know there were "new" and "old" versions of 3.16...  I used the link in Khalid's configuration generator instructions to get the version I used -- it said it was 3.16.  This time, I went to the GITHUB site and downloaded it from there and it almost works now.  If I'm reading the error messages correctly, I'm running out of ROM. (I'm also assuming that the "multiple libraries for wire.h" are not a problem.)  I'm using the same config.h file in message 24187 above -- this was generated by the new config file generator.  Is there something I should be turning off that doesn't show up in the config file?  (I've got a much earlier version up and running on my Losmandy conversion; I'm contemplating updating to the latest.)

Thanks in advance.  Jim Simpson

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows 10), Board: "Generic STM32F103C series, STM32F103CB (20k RAM. 128k Flash), STM32duino bootloader, 72Mhz (Normal), Smallest (default)"

(Deleted bunch of warnings that don't seem pertinent.)

c:/users/jim simpson/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:\Users\JIMSIM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_20231/OnStep.ino.elf section `.rodata' will not fit in region `rom'

c:/users/jim simpson/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `rom' overflowed by 2592 bytes

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Multiple libraries were found for "Wire.h"
 Used: D:\Arduino\hardware\Arduino_STM32\STM32F1\libraries\Wire
 Not used: D:\Arduino\hardware\Arduino_STM32\STM32F1\libraries\WireSlave

exit status 1

Error compiling for board Generic STM32F103C series.

Khalid Baheyeldin

That should not be happening with 3.16.

Please attach (not copy/paste!) your generated Config.h and I will try to compile it here.

Dave Schwartz

Change the upload method from bootloader to serial. I wouldn't have thought that would affect the binary size but maybe it does.

On August 14, 2020 4:59:02 PM EDT, "simpsonj via groups.io" <simpsonj@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

I didn't know there were "new" and "old" versions of 3.16...  I used the link in Khalid's configuration generator instructions to get the version I used -- it said it was 3.16.  This time, I went to the GITHUB site and downloaded it from there and it almost works now.  If I'm reading the error messages correctly, I'm running out of ROM. (I'm also assuming that the "multiple libraries for wire.h" are not a problem.)  I'm using the same config.h file in message 24187 above -- this was generated by the new config file generator.  Is there something I should be turning off that doesn't show up in the config file?  (I've got a much earlier version up and running on my Losmandy conversion; I'm contemplating updating to the latest.)

Thanks in advance.  Jim Simpson

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows 10), Board: "Generic STM32F103C series, STM32F103CB (20k RAM. 128k Flash), STM32duino bootloader, 72Mhz (Normal), Smallest (default)"

(Deleted bunch of warnings that don't seem pertinent.)

c:/users/jim simpson/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:\Users\JIMSIM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_20231/OnStep.ino.elf section `.rodata' will not fit in region `rom'

c:/users/jim simpson/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `rom' overflowed by 2592 bytes

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Multiple libraries were found for "Wire.h"
 Used: D:\Arduino\hardware\Arduino_STM32\STM32F1\libraries\Wire
 Not used: D:\Arduino\hardware\Arduino_STM32\STM32F1\libraries\WireSlave

exit status 1

Error compiling for board Generic STM32F103C series.

--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

simpsonj@...

You nailed it!  I hadn't worried about that since I was just trying to verify the code and not really ready to upload it yet.

Thanks

Jochen.Siegfried@t-online.de

Dear Khalid.
I do life in Germany and I am 54 years old. I am into Astronomy for almost 40 years now ..... I want to upgrade my EQ5 mount with onstep. I have bought a readily soldered PCB in a cardboard box.

I am reading about onstep for the last few days. I have watched many of your videos (which are really good !). And very slowly I seem to understand. The mechanical side of the project is not problem for me.

But the BC is not my best friend .... !

So here is my first problem:
I want to put my values in the spreadsheet but I cannot do this. It say, it was only downloaded for viewing purpose. So I cannot enter my numbers ! I use open office ...
What am I doing wrong Khalid ? Please help !

Thank you very much !
Best regards from Germany
Ferris

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 04:11 PM, <jochen.siegfried@...> wrote:
I want to put my values in the spreadsheet but I cannot do this. It say, it was only downloaded for viewing purpose. So I cannot enter my numbers ! I use open office ...
What you need is to download the spreadsheet from the browser.
Then move it from the directory that it downloads to, to your Documents directory.
Then start Open Office, and do a File -> Open then go to the Documents directory and open the spreadsheet from there.