Topics

Onstep connection issue

htcritch1998@...

Hi!
Im new to this group and am looking for some help. Ive recently put together an onstep system for a fork mount I built. I have everything hooked up right and I believe I have everything uploaded and flashed correctly but cant get it to connect to my computer. Im using a wifi module to connect to my computer. It shows up as Onstep in my wifi settings and lets me connect to it but thats it. I cant connect any planetarium software to it. I also tried the same thing with an android phone with an Onstep app and had the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-Hyrum

Howard Dutton

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 04:14 AM, <htcritch1998@...> wrote:
Ive recently put together an onstep system
Tells us about what you have there.

htcritch1998@...

It uses a teensy 3.2 chip and esp8266 wifi module, Im trying to connect it to sky planetarium with the ascom platform but im struggling to get it to connect.

On Jun 30, 2020, at 5:17 AM, Howard Dutton <hjd1964@...> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 04:14 AM, <htcritch1998@...> wrote:
Ive recently put together an onstep system
Tells us about what you have there.

Howard Dutton

Edited

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 04:25 AM, <htcritch1998@...> wrote:
It uses a teensy 3.2 chip and esp8266 wifi module, Im trying to connect it to sky planetarium with the ascom platform but im struggling to get it to connect.
Problems with getting this feature going pretty much always come down to faulty hardware, bad soldering, or an incorrect setting (port not enabled or set to an non-default baud rate.)  There are also the very rare cases of an Android device that refuses to work or WiFi interference causing performance trouble.

We also try to document frequently encountered problems near the bottom the the WiFi Addon's Wiki page:
https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/wiki/7152