Onstep Goto Accuracy

Hemendra Rawat

Hello John,

I didn't fully understand you question about clutch knobs. Can you elaborate on it? I will work on the polar alignment and balancing when I take my scope out this weekend.

-Hemendra

Hemendra Rawat

Hi Guys,

Took my 8 inch scope for testing last night with the EQ5 mount. After
increasing the motors Vref to 0.69V and carefully polar aligning and
balancing the scope, the goto accuracy is dead on. All the five DSOs I
tried were within the FOV of my 25mm eyepiece. Thanks for all the
support, now I can explore the night sky in peace :)

-Hemendra

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 11:34 AM Hemendra Rawat via groups.io
<hkr1990=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello John,

I didn't fully understand you question about clutch knobs. Can you elaborate on it? I will work on the polar alignment and balancing when I take my scope out this weekend.

-Hemendra

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 03:19 PM, Hemendra Rawat wrote:
After increasing the motors Vref to 0.69V and carefully polar aligning and
balancing the scope, the goto accuracy is dead on
That is excellent news ...