1. I, Howard Dutton, established this group to share information about OnStep Telescope Controller and its use. These rules are here to keep things courteous and on-topic - and to keep scammers and spammers out...
2. Discussion of any topic not related to OnStep and its subsystems and/or use such as data/images generated with the help of OnStep, is prohibited.
3. Registering to use this group under a false name or for false pretenses is prohibited. Please include a first name when setting up your account, not just your email. It helps to identify who we are addressing and promotes a friendlier atmosphere.
4. Before asking a question, read the relevant Wiki sections (aka read the manual.)
5. When asking a question, first provide background on the hardware and software including version info. and configuration/settings, be methodical. Describe what you are trying to do, the steps you took, what you expected, and what happened instead.
6. Excessively vague posts are more likely to go unanswered for fear of the time/effort required to obtain the above information and figure out the problem.
7. More experienced users are encouraged to help beginners.
8. When uploading images, please try to minimize their size as they end up in the e-mail boxes of many people. If you can, upload the images somewhere (e.g. imgur, Google Photos, Flickr) and post a link to it - especially for large images.
9. Try to avoid repeatedly editing messages, since each edit sends the new message to all members.
10. Moderators will not allow posts that are rude, uncivil, belittling, derogatory, or discourteous. Members who post such messages are subject to being banned from the group.
11. Advertisements for commercial products or services must first be approved by the group owner, these requests may be approved or denied for any reason the group owner sees fit. Members who choose to make mention of products or services when approval is denied are subject to being banned from the group. Note that this provision should not be taken as an endorsement of any product or service mentioned in this group.
12. The moderators reserve the right to edit, modify or delete any post they deem a violation of these rules.
13. If you have a question or complaint about a specific post, notify a moderator.
14. The group owner (Howard Dutton) may modify these terms of service without notice.