Topics

sticky OnStep Low level changes

Howard Dutton

Edited

The master branch has some low level changes to the motor timer code design.  These changes bring more consistency across the various platforms supported and in some cases a very slight performance (timer accuracy) improvement under certain circumstances.

This is critical code and while I (and Khalid in the case of STM32) did basic tests on all platforms, except the Teensy4.0, there is always the possibility something might not work correctly.  So please test carefully and report any changes in behavior.

For comparison tests or those who want a bit more stability I spun off a beta branch just before this change for your use until this new code is better proven.

Khalid Baheyeldin

I flashed the STM32 Blue Pill controller with the master branch as it was yesterday evening.
It worked normally under the stars as far as I can tell.

Maybe slewing was faster than before? Not sure, as it has been a month and a half, and I may be mistaken.

Howard Dutton

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 06:50 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
It worked normally under the stars as far as I can tell.
Good to hear.

Maybe slewing was faster than before? Not sure, as it has been a month and a half, and I may be mistaken.
That shouldn't be the case.  In-fact I seriously doubt anyone will be able to detect any difference assuming all is working as it should still.