Topics

Onstep MKS-Gen L

Wayne Hilliard

Hi everyone.
Just a quick note.
Onstep is performing almost perfectly.
So kudo's to Howard for a amazing example of how well you can make micro-controllers run.  The problems I have left to fix are in my mount and are mechanical flaws. The only thing I have left to work out with Onstep is getting a remote focuser working which I have to make first but that is down the road as I need to work on my mount first.

One question though. As I'm using a MKS-Gen L the board has an output for the bed and extruder heaters on a 3d printer. I would like to control a dew heater with the board. And in the future with roof control etc I was wondering if Onstep can provide the control for these functions? I don't see any information in the Wiki.

Thanks again for your help,
Wayne H

Howard Dutton

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 06:03 AM, Wayne Hilliard wrote:
I would like to control a dew heater with the board.
This is supported in the WiFi Addon.  Look at the Addon's Config.h file and also OnStep's Pins.Ramps14.h

And in the future with roof control etc I was wondering if Onstep can provide the control for these functions? I don't see any information in the Wiki.
Simple ON/OFF digital switching is supported in the WiFi Addon, you could use that.

Then there is the OCS:

http://www.stellarjourney.com/index.php?r=site/observatory_control

Alexander Varakin

INDI driver allows to control the outputs. You can find this in the Outputs tab.
Alex

Wayne Hilliard

Alex,
I'm a little dense sometimes. I know the tab I assume it maps to the 11 Aux values in the Pins.Ramps14.h file?
Wayne

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 4:05 PM Alexander Varakin <avarakin@...> wrote:
INDI driver allows to control the outputs. You can find this in the Outputs tab.
Alex

Serge CLAUS

Edited

Hello,
For the dew heater, I use the release 2.22 a little modified.
I stuck on the secondary mirror on my 200mm Newton a set of resistors and a DS18S20 to measure the temperature of the mirror.
I'm using the BME-280 supported by OnStep and one of the MOSFET outputs of the MKS gen L card for 12V heating.
I use the dew point value to heat the mirror to the temperature just above. Thus, I avoid fog and turbulence (too much heat).
I also use the 2 other MOSFET outputs in PWM for 2 additional anti-fog (80mm refractor and 50mm guide or eye-piece).
I also added the mirror temperature display and the Wemos OTA update to OnStepESPServer.
I replaced the CPU temperature with the temperature of the secondary mirror in command.ino.
My github: https://github.com/plop3/OnStep