Is it okay to use this?

Dave Schwartz

Yes. The PCB is designed to accommodate both an 8-pin (7-resistor network) and 9-pin (8-resistor network) part. I did this because, while only a 7-resistor part is required to provide the pullups on the pushbuttons, the 8-resistor part was more widely available (and less expensive) than the 7-resistor part on eBay. I guess they are produced in much higher volumes for parallel 8-bit designs. If you look closely you'll see that the ninth hole doesn't actually connect to anything... its just there so that the larger part will fit without having to clip off the extra pin.

On 2020-10-16 4:39 a.m., xlqhffl@... wrote:
The pcb has 9 pin holes, and the ordered product has 8 pins.
In bom, the file name is (4608X-AP1-222LF <https://kr.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Bourns/4609X-AP1-222LF?qs=JGDEdh8T0iewzgeydBxPkA%3D%3D> ).
Is it okay to use this?

xlqhffl@...

Thank you for always.

George Cushing

Oh goodie! I erroneously ordered 100 8-pin arrays a while back. Guess I can pull them out of the "Oh, well box." Some how Jia Li Chuang doubled my latest SHC order, so I have another hundred going cheap.