opinion on rebuild mini pcb 2 #mini

George Cushing

Well, I don't see any advantage over Roman Hujer's OnStep for EQ6 - Lite Teensy3.2.  Want the speed use the Teensy 4.0. The 4.1 has more pins, but the "MiniPCB2.5" doesn't make use of them. Roman's design is proven, uses the MiniPCB2 pinmap and some SMDs, but not for the polarized caps. The canned aluminum electrolytics are troublesome, often blowing from the reflow heat and easy to short due the spacing of the solder points. Tants should be used if you have to have SMDs.

alex.military95@...

Grazie per la risposta. il mio problema è avere una tavola il più compatta possibile eliminerò la tensione 4.1 e metterò la 4.0 ok questo mi permette di ridurre ulteriormente lo spazio. per quanto riguarda i condensatori ho in mente di ordinare la scheda premontata direttamente dal produttore in questo modo per non rifare ci sono problemi di cortocircuito. L'altro problema non ho capito cosa intendi dato che uso google translate e non capisco quale sia il problema. il fatto è che ho bisogno di un pcb molto piccolo per il mio mini mount che ho progettato. poi non so se è possibile ordinare la bord già premontata da loro con il disegno originale.

alex.military95@...

Thanks for the reply. my problem is to have a board as compact as possible I will eliminate the 4.1 tension and I will put the 4.0 ok this allows me to further reduce the space. as far as the capacitors are concerned, I plan to order the preassembled board directly from the manufacturer in this way so as not to redo there are short-circuit problems. The other problem I didn't understand what you mean as I use google translate and I don't understand what the problem is. the fact is that i need a very small pcb for my mini mount which i designed. then not so if it is possible to order the bord already pre-assembled by them with the original design.

George Cushing

I suppose you could produce a smaller PCB than Roman's EQ-6 Lite. Howard's MiniPCB1 remains a viable design, accepts the Teensy 4.0 and is still the smallest single board OnStep controller. It's about 20mm less wide and 7mm shorter that the MiniPCB2. It's not a SMD design, so you'd have to assemble it or have it assembled for you. You, could of course, redesign it for SMD, but there are only 13 passive devices. However, there are 23 or so connectors and jumpers whose plastic would not survive the reflow oven.

The MiniPCB1 is on the left, Roman Hujer's D1 R32 OnStep shield on the right. Roman's OnStep EQ-6 Lite is about 13nn longer than the MiniPBC1.

In the day circuits like the MiniPCB1 were assembled by automation. Pick and place robots would mount the components and the board was placed over a tray of molten solder. A wave would be created in the tray that washed over the underside of the board to fasten the components.