Topics

Pier side problems

thomas.westerhoff24@...

Have any changes been made to the handling of Pier Side commands recently? After a long time now, I checked out the current version of the software and installed it. I haven't been able to change the pier side since then. If I send :SX96,W# , I get the answer 1, which means that the command was recognized. Unfortunately, the new setting does not appear in the smart hand controller or in the web interface. They both show East. The command is therefore ignored.
--
Thomas Westerhoff
Kirchheim Observatory /Germany

thomas.westerhoff24@...

#define MOUNT_TYPE                    GEM
#define SYNC_CURRENT_PIER_SIDE_ONLY    OFF

in my config.h
--
Thomas Westerhoff
Kirchheim Observatory /Germany
http://sternwarte-kirchheim.de/
https://www.facebook.com/VolkssternwarteKirchheim/

thomas.westerhoff24@...

Howard Dutton

I haven't made changes to pier side handling in ages.

That's the preferredPierSide you are changing, it tailors the decision making process when syncing or doing a goto.  If both pier sides are a possibility it controls which will be chosen.

Howard Dutton

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 03:11 AM, Howard Dutton wrote:
I haven't made changes to pier side handling in ages.

That's the preferredPierSide you are changing, it tailors the decision making process when syncing or doing a goto.  If both pier sides are a possibility it controls which will be chosen.
If the pier side behavior is not the same as before perhaps you need to set your Meridian Limits again.  Not too long ago the OnStep master NV data structure changed so a key change was required.  This wipes all settings from earlier versions on upload.

thomas.westerhoff24@...

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 06:39 AM, Howard Dutton wrote:
If both pier sides are a possibility it controls which will be chosen.
And what command do I use to set the pier side if I don't want the control to make a decision and don't want to do an automatic meridian flip.
I have telescopes on both sides of the mount and just want to be able to decide which side to work on.
No matter what I'm currently doing, I have NO option to change the pier side to west. No matter what I do and no matter what object I post, it always remains east.
It's kind of totally confusing right now because it worked.
Can I somehow delete the NV completely, if something goes wrong.

--

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 01:50 AM, <thomas.westerhoff24@...> wrote:
And what command do I use to set the pier side if I don't want the control to make a decision and don't want to do an automatic meridian flip.
1. Make sure the "past" meridian limits east and west are both set to +180 degrees.
2. Set PPS to the side you want.
3. Sync on an object.

thomas.westerhoff24@...

Hello Howard.