Topics

Rotator in master + CNCv3 vs 3.16 + ramps14

Jordi Sese

Hi all,

After some strange results, I have found out that the rotator in 4.1x (CNCv3) does not work the same way it does in 3.16 (ramps14). For it to advance the same amount of degrees, it seems that you must double AXIS3_STEPS_PER_DEGREE value in config. I have double checked drivers, jumpers, cabling, etc.
Is it a bug or a change in specifications?

Thanks a lot for your help. Regards from Barcelona.

Jordi.

Howard Dutton

Almost forgot about you!  I found an obvious bug that would do exactly this 1/2 distance thing and patched for it (latest master.)

Jordi Sese

Yes, now it moves properly. Great!!!

Just another less important thing I've seen in v4 when testing this: focuser/rotator only moves when tracking is on for the first time; if intended, this is fine. The fact is that if you press the buttons to move focus/rotator in the web interface prior to the first tracking on, the numbers go on as if the motors were moving, which is not happening...

Thanks a lot for your time and help

Regards from Barcelona,

Jordi.

Howard Dutton

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 11:55 AM, Jordi Sese wrote:
prior to the first tracking on, the numbers go on as if the motors were moving, which is not happening...
I know, it's on my todo list!

Howard Dutton

Think this blocking of rotator/focuser movement (registering) when the drivers aren't active is working now, pretty big changes to do it though, was a pain.

Nicer pinmap files for it though... assuming I didn't break anything.

Update to the latest master branch, the ASCOM drivers are ok as is.