Topics

SHC case

Ken Hunter

I am fast approaching the conclusion of building the SHC with the NodeMCU ESP32S.
I do not want to invest in a 3-D printer (too many hobbies already). Would like to find
someone that can supply a nice case for a reasonable price.

Ken

Jay Murphy

Send me a drawing. I'll print you one

Jay Murphy

Better yet, an .stl file if you can go ahead and model it.

Khalid Baheyeldin

Jay and Ken,

There is a case designed by Dave Schwartz, who is also the designer of the
ESP32 PCB.

You can find the STL files in the 3D printables area of the group

https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/files/3D-printables/Board%20enclosures%20%28Cases%29/ESP32%20SHC%20Case

Ken Hunter

Jay, Khalid...

Thanks guys!

I will gladly pay expenses and shipping for the case.
Please provide a PayPal account or email for the payment.

My address is:

Ken Hunter
12584 E 45th Dr
Yuma, AZ USA
85367

Also, I have extra SHC PC boards and some parts due to minimum
order requirements available to anyone wanting same.

Ken

Jay Murphy

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 08:43 AM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
There is a case designed by Dave Schwartz, who is also the designer of the
ESP32 PCB.
Thanks, Khalid. I'll use that one.

Jay Murphy

you have the SH1106 display?

Ken Hunter

Yes... Actually I have both displays available but do plan on using the larger SSH1106 on the SGC.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BHHV844/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ken

Jay Murphy

Alright, I got the back printed out but was waiting for confirmation before printing the front pieces out in case they needed to be modified. It's modeling resin on an SLA printer so you won't be able to bang it around or anything. If it does crack super glue sticks it back together really well. If you want to pay a bit extra for materials ($20) I can use structural resin.

Jay Murphy

As is though, just pay shipping

Ken Hunter

Jay...

I have no idea what you mean by modeling resin and SLA printer...
Are you saying that I should not expect this to stand the test of time?
Your comments are making me have second thoughts.

Ken

Jay Murphy

I just mean it's a brittle plastic. It'll last forever but if you let it swing down and smack into a tripod leg it'll crack. It glues back together easily though. If you want a very durable one that you can accidentally step on in sub zero temperatures I can use a different resin but it's expensive. If you want to try the cheap resin just pay shipping. If you want the structural resin pay $20 plus shipping. Does that sound good?

Ken Hunter

Jay, I sent a reply about the cost of the SHC case and made it "Private" Haven't heard back from you about it and where to send the money. Yes, will wait and pay for the better grade of plastic (?)... Let me know the total cost and where/how to pay.

Ken

ps... Discount for 2 ?

Jay Murphy

Oh, sorry. I never got that message. You can email me directly at stercust@... and we can hash out the details

Jay Murphy

It looks like it cut off my email. stercust(at)gmail(dot)com. And yeah. Since I'll have the model and printer settings all figured out after printing the first one I'll print out a second for you for free.

Ken Hunter

Thanks Jay,

Will be sending you an email this afternoon after I fully wake up.

Ken
kb7hunter @ gmail com

Ken Hunter

Hi Jay and thanks for the info... I need a place to send the money, easiest for me is PayPal as I don't use checks.
I can wait for the better grade of plastic... Is $25 including shipping a fair price? Text me the details 502*619*8360

Ken