Does anyone had this issue?
Is this happens because of a fault in the joystick switch?
I haven't assembled this SHC, so does anyone know where this switch can be purshased?
Thanks.
Plamen

Dave Schwartz

Sounds like the joystick is broken mechanically and usually acting as if the 'S' side is continuously connected (as if you are constantly holding down the 'S' button) and since you say that it is acting wonky (technical term there). It could have been impact damage.

I buy them on eBay from this guy https://www.ebay.ca/itm/10x-5-way-directions-10x10x10mm-Pushbutton-DIP-Tactile-Tact-Switch-Handy-camera/224018110618.

On 2020-06-29 6:02 a.m., Plamen Dimitrov via groups.io wrote:
Hello All,
thanks to everyone who helped me to sorted out all small issues with my STM32 controller and now next on the list is to resolve the issue I found in my SHC ESP32S.
The problem :
When trying to access Main Menu via long press on the central button (joystick one) frequently happens to hold the button for very long time ([ >7 s even more), (otherwise nothing happens)] in order to be able to access the menu items, and when the menu became visible no item can be sellected because all scrolled down very fast , followed by a dark screen.
To get back in a normal mode I need to disconnect / reconnect the SHC from the controller and all this repeats again.
Also, I found that is hard to hold the joystick button down as  it is easily moving around - left, right etc. so cannot easily to be hold down in order to get the Main menu.
The SHC connects to the controller without any issue.
All 5 single click buttons work well, so I can only use the SHC for motions only : N<->S and  E<->W.
Also I can change the speed with F1 and F2.
Does anyone had this issue?
Is this happens because of a fault in the joystick switch?
I haven't assembled this SHC, so does anyone know where this switch can be purshased?
Thanks.
Plamen

Plamen Dimitrov

Dave,
Thanks for for the link and sure, I suspected the same. I ordered and will see what happens when replaced.
Plamen