Topics

SHC Handcontroller

GOBAUD Philippe

Hello,
The SHC controller works beautifully with my max PCB teensy 3.6! Thank you very much to the designers.
  However the SHC does not memorize the time and the date, it is necessary to connect with the application android Onstep for the update of the hour and the date every day. Would it be possible to add a battery to keep its data?
Thanks again to the designers.

Philippe

Charles

It should works with a battery if there is a vbat pin.

Charles
Envoyé à partir d’un Smarpthone Android avec GMX Mail.
Am 31.10.19, 06:35, GOBAUD Philippe <f5ajd16@...> schrieb:

Hello,
The SHC controller works beautifully with my max PCB teensy 3.6! Thank you very much to the designers.
  However the SHC does not memorize the time and the date, it is necessary to connect with the application android Onstep for the update of the hour and the date every day. Would it be possible to add a battery to keep its data?
Thanks again to the designers.

Philippe

Howard Dutton

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 10:35 PM, GOBAUD Philippe wrote:
However the SHC does not memorize the time and the date,
The SHC gets its date/time from OnStep.

Is the DS3231 installed in the MaxPCB and the config option to enable it used?

GOBAUD Philippe

Hi Howard,
Yes, i understand the SHC gets date/time from OnStep.
I use maxpcb and Teensy 3.6 with clock DS3231 installed on pcb..
When i connect to SkyPlanetarium,
I think clock works because connected the pps Lock is green.
But when i off 12 volts on Onstep and reconnect, time and date are not saved.
I not see what is wrong.
Thanks for help
Philippe

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

Le jeu. 31 oct. 2019 à 12:20, Howard Dutton <hjd1964@...> a écrit :
On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 10:35 PM, GOBAUD Philippe wrote:
However the SHC does not memorize the time and the date,
The SHC gets its date/time from OnStep.

Is the DS3231 installed in the MaxPCB and the config option to enable it used?

Howard Dutton

Perhaps the DS3231 battery isn't good?

GOBAUD Philippe

ok , i will verify battery dc, i thought it was good because pps look  was green on SP, may-be is not enough to work properly

thanks a lot, i will control the battery of clock.

Le jeu. 31 oct. 2019 à 16:27, Howard Dutton <hjd1964@...> a écrit :
Perhaps the DS3231 battery isn't good?

Chris Vaughan

Hello,

Just built the SHC using teensy 3.2, larger 1106 screen in the 3D printed case. Works beautifully on my old miniPCB (running v3 of onstep). Made it a lot easier to do a star alignment. I also used the refinePA which I've never tried before - that'll be nice for places where I can't see the SCP.

One question, does the E or W on the main screen indicate that it is pointing EAST or WEST. Mine says E when its pointing WEST and visa versa. Is this a foible of using it in the southern hemisphere?

Cheers Chris

Charles

E and W are the side of pier and not the pointing direction, it is E if dec is between +90 and -90, it is W if it is outside these values.
Charles