SHC Screen not responding

Chad Gray

I have run into the SHC's screen to stop responding or show partial information.

Is this an indicator of a problem with the OnStep computer not transferring the data to the SHC?

The SHC splash screen works again when i unplug and plug it back in.  It is like the OnStep computer is locked up.

This is the latest OnStepX.  If i get it to happen again i will try to connect to serial and see what OnStep is doing.  It is easy for me to blame the SHC, but i don't think it is the problem.

THanks,
Chad

Howard Dutton

On Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 04:49 AM, Chad Gray wrote:
I have run into the SHC's screen to stop responding or show partial information.

Is this an indicator of a problem with the OnStep computer not transferring the data to the SHC?
Seems unlikely that a communication problem would do that.

I've had ST4 interfaced SHC's connected constantly for the last week or two, no issues.

Howard Dutton

On Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 06:22 AM, Howard Dutton wrote:
I've had ST4 interfaced SHC's connected constantly for the last week or two, no issues.
OnStepX does have recent changes to how ST4 comms work though.