Dave Schwartz

For RP2, only an 8-pin part will work, pin 1 being the common pin, marked with a dot, that goes into the square pad. Only 7 resistors are actually needed because this part provides the pullups for the 7 pushbuttons. I designed it to use either an 8 or 9 pin part because the 9 pin parts were much less expensive and easier to find on eBay.

So you can use either... the farthest pad from the square one isn't connected to anything!

On 2020-09-12 4:55 p.m., Jas wrote:
I am trying to build an SHC v1.03 and although the BOM asks for an 8-pin bussed resistor network there are 9 holes in the PCB! Do I leave the innermost hole empty? Or am I missing something?
I am enjoying learning this new hobby!!

Thanks all

Jas

Dave Schwartz

I meant either an 8 or 9 pin art will work.