Topics

SHC with Teensy 4.0 Compiling error

andre_moutinho

Hi all,

I have tried to compile the SHC firmware (1.8.g) and this is the result:

data section exceeds available space in board
Sketch uses 612672 bytes (30%) of program storage space. Maximum is 2031616 bytes.
Global variables use 611068 bytes (116%) of dynamic memory, leaving -86780 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 524288 bytes.
Not enough memory; see http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#size for tips on reducing your footprint.
Error compiling for board Teensy 4.0.

I have set Tools->Optimize to "Smallest Code".

Do I need configure anything else in Config.h or IDE?

Thanks
Andre

Howard Dutton

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 12:45 PM, andre_moutinho wrote:
Do I need configure anything else in Config.h or IDE?
It's about the design/catalog sizes...

In the master branch the SHC recognizes the T4.0 and sets up the catalogs for it so they aren't quite as large as what the ESP32 uses.

This limitation is due to the T4 design and can in theory be overcome to allow full catalogs.  It has the flash memory for it but this is about how the data is stored/accessed..

andre_moutinho

Hi,

I am using release 3.16. Do I need use a newer version?

Thanks
AM

andre_moutinho

Hi,
Downloaded master version that is 1.9.h and seems it compiled with success.

Thank you!

Andre

Howard Dutton

For the my SHC / Teensy4.0 tests I ran the T4.0 at 24MHz, that's the only speed that worked for me.