simple handbox question

msiethoff@...

Hi All,

First time here.
I'm building the simple handbox buttons only, the one without display.
I'm using a Fysetc s6 v2 board.
Do i have to use the pull-up resistors for the simple handbox or are these only used for the one with display functions?
In config-h ST4 interface section do i choose "ON" or "On_Pullup"?

Michael

Khalid Baheyeldin

It is called the Basic Hand Controller, not "simple" (because SHC means Smart Hand Controller, the one with the display).

https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/wiki/7150

As for your question, yes, you need pullup resistors to prevent OnStep from interpreting floating values as guides.
Using ON_PULLUP should work. It is the only value that worked on the Blue Pill, but I have not tried it on the S6.

John Petterson

I can confirm the basic hand controller works on the S6...   ON_PULLUP is needed.

msiethoff@...

Thx Khalid!

msiethoff@...

And John!