STEPS_PER_DEGREE Lower than 3000 usteps

I'd like to know if there is any way to reduce STEPS_PER_DEGREE than minimum 3000 usteps?

We can't lower it than 3000 in the SWS, I tried it in the firmware and when I fired up the SWS, the value was set to 7111 degrees.

Any hopes/workaround?

I'm well aware than these limits have been set for a reason. But thanks to my friends in China, they sent the wrong motors. So its the only choice I have.

universe24

Depend on which mcu you flashing on. I can flash OnStep with STEPS_PER_DEGREE lower than 3000 by changing it in config.h on D1 R32.

Does Howard/Khalid approve?

George Cushing

Fine for visual use.

Steps per degree can't be lowered than 3000 in Smart Web Server, there is software limitation.

Any workarounds?

Howard, could you please suggest something?

Thank you so much.

Howard Dutton

On Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 09:21 PM, Fleep wrote:

Howard, could you please suggest something?

Thank you so much.

Use the latest SWS:
https://github.com/hjd1964/SmartWebServer/tree/main

I used the latest version but it cant be lowered than 3000. Is there any way I could do that?

Chad Gray

I assume Howard edited the code so i would say your web browser has the old code cached.

Purge your cache, or open the website in an Incognito window.   That type of window purges cache when you open/close them.

Chad

On Sat, Nov 26, 2022 at 03:15 PM, Fleep wrote:
I used the latest version but it cant be lowered than 3000.
That is not the latest version (which I linked to below.)