USB cables

Chad Gray

Hello, If i want to use USB serial to connect my OnStep computer via ASCOM/INDI to OnStep, are there OnStep computers that you cannot use a USB cable with power?

Say i have my 12volt going into the board to power the steppers.  Can i use a USB cable with power also?

I smoke a Teensy SHC if i remember right when i first started so i have been paranoid about applying USB and Voltage at the same time on stuff in general.

Side question can you control OnStep with USB serial to the SHC?  Or do you have to plug in the USB to the OnStep computer to control it?

Thanks!
Chad

Chris Whitener

The teensy has a trace to cut.  Rtfm.  The Fysetc board has a jumper.  Do not apply power while in usb position.