Topics

Vixen SXD - MiniPCB2 - Config.h

Anthony Gugliersi

Hello everybody.
I'm converting my SXD with a minipcb2 board. I don't speak very well English and I don't really understand electronic ...
A big thank you to George Cushing. He sent me everything I needed and he answered all my questions.
Thank you for all this time and for your patience George.

Khalid Baheyeldin (or someone else), you have the same mount, same motor, maybe same stepper driver. It is possible to send me your config.h ?
Just to be sure, here is my configuration :
- MiniPCB2 (teensy3.2)
- LV8729
- Motor : PK223PA-SG18 (Vexta Nema 11 with 18:1 gear head)
- Pulleys are both GT2 25 teeth and the belts are GT2 102mm 51 teeth

Thank you

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 06:32 AM, <anthony.gugliersi@...> wrote:
Khalid Baheyeldin (or someone else), you have the same mount, same motor, maybe same stepper driver. It is possible to send me your config.h ?
Just to be sure, here is my configuration :
- MiniPCB2 (teensy3.2)
- LV8729
- Motor : PK223PA-SG18 (Vexta Nema 11 with 18:1 gear head)
- Pulleys are both GT2 25 teeth and the belts are GT2 102mm 51 teeth
Config.h files are not meant to be 100% portable, unless everything is identical (hardware,
electronics, as well options). For example, I don't know if the motor directions will be
reversed or not in your setup, nor the type of buzzer, PEC sensor (if any) ...etc.

The easiest and fastest way is to use my Online Configuration Generator.

Here is a screen shot of the main parameters for an SXD with 1:1 pulleys, and 18:1 reduction
on the motors.

You have to figure out the rest (or experiment until they work).

Khalid Baheyeldin

As always, if you have questions, please ask.
And when you get it working, it would be great if you share your experience
(including how much backlash you have, how is your autoguiding, ...etc.)

Anthony Gugliersi

Hello.
Yeah sure, I forgot to specify that the config.h file was just for the values to control the motors.
Thank you for the printscreen. It's exactly what I wanted.
I'm waiting the pulleys for the mount.
I also have to fix motors to the mount.
After that, I could start testing.
Thank you.