Topics

Webserver on ESP32 in SHC

thomas.westerhoff24@...

Since I'm having problems compiling the WiFi Bluetooth addon for the ESP8266, I'm wondering if it wouldn't make sense to run the web server on the EPS32 in the SHC. It is much more powerful and the ESP8266 can limit itself to the encoders.

--
Thomas Westerhoff
Kirchheim Observatory /Germany

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 01:20 PM, <thomas.westerhoff24@...> wrote:
Since I'm having problems compiling the WiFi Bluetooth addon for the ESP8266,
You should not be having such problems. There are hundreds of users who have WiFi and it works.
Downgrade the ESP8266 board manager to 2.4.2, reverse all the changes you have in WiFi's Config.h, and try again.
If it does not work, then post your specific setup (what adapter, what PCB, ...etc.)

I'm wondering if it wouldn't make sense to run the web server on the EPS32 in the SHC. It is much more powerful and the ESP8266 can limit itself to the encoders.
Something like this has been proposed in the past for the ESP32 PCB.
In both cases, it would require combining code bases (SHC and WiFi) which would increase code complexity, and make maintenance harder in the long run.

thomas.westerhoff24@...

Hello Khalid,

I use WEMOS D1 Mini Pro als Wifi-Interface on MaxPCB2. Wifi works stable until I set the Axis2 Encoder to "AB". When do this often, but  not always (!!), the ESP will run in a continuos boot loop with the following messages

ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)

load 0x4010f000, len 1384, room 16
tail 8
chksum 0x2d
csum 0x2d
v09f0c112
~ld

Howard Dutton

Are you using ESP8266 version 2.4.2 in the boards manager?

Howard Dutton

The error message 2 says the device was "reset by the external reset pin."  Pretty difficult to imagine why it would throw that error message.

Howard Dutton

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 03:53 AM, Howard Dutton wrote:
Pretty difficult to imagine why it would throw that error message.
I read online that power supply issues can do it.

Charles

Hi Thomas,

Your Idea is the original design of the SHC ;), my problem was: I want a handcontroler for onstep and I want a wifi server outside  the body of the main unit wich is a metal case.
on the Teenastro Branch, I managed to get the webserver and the SHC with catalogs on an ESP8266 so with the ESP32 it is totaly feasible.

Charles

thomas.westerhoff24@...

No, it was 2.6.3.
Looks like there was an unintentional update in the arduino IDE. Changing back to 2.4.2 everything works well.
--

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 03:20 AM, <thomas.westerhoff24@...> wrote:
No, it was 2.6.3.
Looks like there was an unintentional update in the arduino IDE. Changing back to 2.4.2 everything works well.
Excellent, glad to hear.