Topics

Wemos CNC3 DS18B20 for Telescope Temperature

Lloyd Simons

I am nearing the end of my conversion of a Vixen SP to OnStep using the Wemos D1R32 CNC V3 combo. I would like to have temperature monitoring to initiate auto focus. In master branch 4.6e I tried changing TELESCOPE_TEMPERATURE to DS1820 and I get the following compile error:

Arduino: 1.8.12 (Windows 10), Board: "ESP32 Dev Module, Disabled, Default 4MB with spiffs (1.2MB APP/1.5MB SPIFFS), 240MHz (WiFi/BT), QIO, 80MHz, 4MB (32Mb), 921600, None"

In file included from C:\Users\simon\Documents\OnStep\OnStep.ino:97:0:

sketch\src/lib/Weather.h:37:108: fatal error: OneWire.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board ESP32 Dev Module.

I can change FEATURE8_TEMP to DS1820 (Since it uses AUX8) and it compiles fine. However, I read in the Wiki under this feature:

Notes: For dew heaters only.  Specifies an optional dew heater temperature souce associated with this feature.

Am I going about this right? All I want is to get the temperature data from the driver to my control software (NINA).

Lloyd

Howard Dutton

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 07:42 PM, Lloyd Simons wrote:
[...]

Yes you are going about it correctly.

I expect FEATURE8_PURPOSE was never assigned so OnStep ignored the FEATURE8_TEMP setting.

Install my OneWire and DallasTemperature libraries.

When a compile fails due to this sort of thing the offending line of code that pulls the library in has a comment specifying where to download the library.  I also updated the Wiki to point out that the libraries are needed etc.

Once that's running my ASCOM focuser driver does the TCF.

Lloyd Simons

Thanks Howard. Once I downloaded your OneWire and DallasTemperature Libraries it compiled correctly. RTFI.

Lloyd