Re: OCS 3 power relays question

Howard Dutton

On Sat, Oct 2, 2021 at 02:12 PM, koal01 wrote:
Howard, i was using in OCS 2 the power panel in config.h for specific use and i really did like as they relay were named as Device 1, 2, 3 etc..
My shelter is not a standard
In OCS3, the power panel has become a roof panel.
I've scripted many commands to switch on and off my devices in OCS2, in this new version i'm quite lost to use it as i was doing before.
Let me show you as i was using the power panel, the example will certainly be clearer than explanations
I'm not sure what you mean by "scripted" but generally the "Power Panel" works as before.

I did test with your settings and they would crash it though, this was a buffer overflow, the scratchpad for data from flash storage wasn't large enough.  I fixed that and it's better optimized now (smaller memory footprint) and can handle quite large strings before it overflows now (just keep the _NAMES strings <= 40 chars and you should be good.)